1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIS IceQ Turbo HD 7850 2G

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by ChThompson2011, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ChThompson2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone, I recently tried to unlock my voltage on this card and now after some finagling I finally got it partially work after resetting to ATI original BIOS but it is nowhere near stable as there are many artifacts and a lot of pixelation with it that the screen flickers. I was wondering if Anyone had a vBios for this so I could flash it back to the original as the backup bios I used got overwritten somehow to an asus one. I've tried all the different bios's in the library on the site but none of them seem to work, even the ati 7870 which is the same clocks with only 256 more shaders didn't produce a screen. So, if anyone has an idea what I can do without having to RMA it, as HIS's support is a crawl, would be greatly appreciated.

2. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    Okay the current drivers cause flickering when you try to overclock. I believe that's your issue.

Switching bios will not help much. The 12.6 driver I tested was the last one that would overlclock without flicking, so try that driver.

If still issues then RMA.

3. ChThompson2011 New Member

Thanks Received:

The software is not the issue. It's nearly unusable with the stock ati bios and it won't boot up with any other gfx card bioses either. Is there anyway to just reset its bios to default?

TL:DR It's bricked and I need the HiS IceQ Turbo bios for it to work.

4. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
  5. ChThompson2011 New Member

Thanks Received:

This.

6. ChThompson2011 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bump.