• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hitman BM Jagged image even with AA&AF

efilflah

Hey all, I'm having a really annoying issue that I cannot solve for the life of me.

I was bought Hitman BM for christmas and I installed it straight away, then installed the 1.2 patch then did a nice defrag and was ready to play.

I enabled 6xAA and 16xAF (in-game options), set my resolution to 1024x768 and expected to be greeted with a nice smooth image.

The game is jagged as hell but not in the typical aliasing way, almost like the kind of jaggeds you get when you shrink a really high res picture to half the size in your browser, etc.

I've tried:

Changing desktop res to match game res
Forcing AA and AF via Tray tools
Adaptive AA on and off
Cat AI on and off
High Qual AF on and off
Trilinear and AF optimisations on and off
Force mip map filtering on and off
Running the game in a higher/lower res with a different aspect ratio

I cannot understand why the hell it looks so jagged on certain texture edges. I know AA is working because if I turn it off the characters are jagged, but if I turn it on they smooth out, so it's got to be another setting.

It's also not just isolated to transparancy maps as you can see from the screenshot, but even if it was Adaptive AA doesn't seem to do anything.

This is really distracting me, I'm only on the second level and it's really spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

It runs great apart from this damned thing which has spoiled my christmas gameathon.

Anyone got any ideas?

*screenshot*

----

WinXP sp1
Sapphire x800XT NGO 1.6.6. optimised drivers
Barton XP 2500@3200+
1024 Samsung 11-3-3-2.5

Last edited:

efilflah

Thanks for the response Slater, but I've stated in my original post that I've tried "Running the game in a higher/lower res with a different aspect ratio".

I've tried 1280x720, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1024x768, 800x600....it seems to happen regardless of resolution.