1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hmm odd very odd *help on 12-16 pixel pipelines*

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by HitmanJustin, Apr 8, 2006.

1. HitmanJustin

HitmanJustin New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm well ive read allot about modifying my radeon X850pro (agp) from 12 to 16 pixel pipelines and well things just dont match. so i thought id post something cuz things dont appear the same
    Ive been using Atitool for months now thinking all it did was just overclock my vdieo card but reading ur recent sticky on changing the settings it does allot more then i thought

I also read that you need a card thatshas a R480 chip
    well what if mine is a R481 chip? what does that mean

also when i did a dump of my bios and opened it in the Hex editor evything looked different then from the examples givin? so what should i do, because i bought oblivion and would really like to pull out as much as possible out of my card before the directX10 series of games and cards come out :)

2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    don't worry so much about DX10, thers a good chance current DX9c cards can handle a fair chunk of DX10, and even so, programmers will use DX9c code as fallback for a good long while for thoughs without "DX10 compatible hardware". As for your X850Pro, use rivatuner to unlock the extra pipes and see if they are damaged or not, if not, head to your nearest X850XT \ X800XL BIOS :D

3. HitmanJustin

HitmanJustin New Member

Thanks Received:
    well i downloaded Riva Tuner and it brought my mem clock and core clock up so thanx for that, but i do i change the pixel pipeline settings? does it do it automatically? and if it does not then where do i do it becuase i think i looked everywhere and cant find it

4. peta01

peta01 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    R841 core is almost the same R480, the only difference is that R481 is for AGP and R480 is for PCIe cards.
    To check if you can unlock pipes: Run AtiTool, hold Shift key, click on Settings, release Shift. Post here all lines containing word FUSE. Then I can tell if you could unlock pipes.
    If you already know that your card is unlockable, you have to flash your card with modded bios.

5. HitmanJustin

HitmanJustin New Member

Thanks Received:
    CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xFFFF7FFF
    CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0xFFFFFF9E
    CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0x861

6. noneed4me2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That only works for Nvidia cards a bios flash is required for any pipe unlocking on the ATI cards. HitmanJustin your fuses show no extra pipes sorry, but you a still should get good oveclocks.