1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hooked up 2x HD 7950 Crossfire playing on 50" 1080p HDTV

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by vawrvawerawe, Mar 5, 2013.

1. GamerGuy

Thanks Received:
    Weird, I've tried just about all the beta 13.2 drivers, none gave me BSOD, and I'm running a TriFire system. The only time I had issue was with my HD6990 which did not like Cat13.2 B6, rolled back to 13.2 B5 and all's good.

2. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    @vawrvawerawe

If it's blue screening when updating the AMD graphics driver, then there are several possibilities, so here's two of them:

1 have you updated Windows with Windows Update? Install every patch. Which version of Windows are you on, anyway?

2 motherboard drivers. Again, these should be updated

Also, you might like to fill in your system specs in the forum usercp. Helps us to help you better. ;)

Finally, I'm reading this thread and I'm not clear on something: are you actually saying that running the game on a 50" 1080p monitor runs with lower frame rates than on a 24" 1080p monitor? This can't happen as the performance is dictated by the resolution, not the monitor size, as others have said.

3. vawrvawerawe

Thanks Received:
    1 No, all is latest up-to-date; the problem was of course CCC but I didn't need to be told this I already knew it. CCC is a disaster.

2 No, all is latest up-to-date; the problem was of course CCC but I didn't need to be told this I already knew it. CCC is a disaster.

The video issue WAS FIXED by upgrading CCC> But it took 4 HOURS to get it working with video and audio on all three screens along with not having any crashes or blue screens. This is uninstalling and reinstalling and uninstalling and reinstalling and moving around monitors and disconnecting monitors and uninstalling and reinstalling and clearing out the registry and deleting temp files and uninstalling and reinstalling and repeating all this over and over until finally it all works.

I LOATHE UPDATING CCC.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  4. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    You should really try to work on your CCC upgrading as you are the only person I have ever seen who has that much trouble. The WORST that has ever happened to me is my video going completely wonky and not being able to see any colors except black and pink on my desktop but even then remote access + CCC reinstall solved that in less than 45 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  5. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Screen size makes no difference in performance only resoltution does as i have gamed on my 110" 1080p Screen with the same peformance as my 24" & 32" as there all still 1080p

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:

I would like a picture please.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  7. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Who me

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Aw it's not closed.

9. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    Wow really once again like everybody has already said Moniter size has nothing to do with performance resolution is the factor and since you playing at 1080P your really playing on the same screen. It dosen't matter if your playing on a 20 inch screen or a 10000 inch screen 1080p is 1080p its the same on both screens

Eather the OP is trolling and or dosen't get what everybody is saying or just trying to show off that he has 2 7950's on a 50 inch 1080p HDTV

10. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    tbh I didn't know what happens when you put a gfx card on a massive screen, till I tried on the weekend a 50inch plus hd/3d tv and done some benchmarks and it was consistent with other benches with similar specs.......resolution is resolution!