1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Horizontal Cases / Media PC

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by TonyStark, Aug 19, 2008.

1. TonyStark

TonyStark New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking for a horizontal case that I can use for my Media PC. It will be used to watch blu-ray, play games, etc. Gonna hook it up to my TV (52" 1080p) and stereo system. The case needs to accommodate a high end graphics card as well.

Any suggestions?
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    high end graphics + 'horizontal' cases (aka half height) is not going to happen.

Before you even start looking at cases, decide what hardware you want - if you want an 8800GT or something, find a case that will fit it.
  3. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
  4. Jeno Guest

i think the galaxy 9600gt 55nm can fit in a half height... but thats not exactly max performance.
    i to want a flat case so im building one :)
  5. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Theres LOTS of HTPC cases that will fit full size ATX mobo and standard pci slot video cards.
    Almost all of Silverstone htpc cases will and a few of the TT but all are $100+

If you want one thats under $100 Apevia has one for $70
  6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you're talking to a guy with an 8800GTX in a micro rig. try and pay attention...

He wants a case that LIES ON ITS SIDE. There are VERY few full height cases that do this.

you found and linked pics to one -, thanks for that. the concern is does he want a half height or not, as i got the implication he does.