1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Horrible Customer Service from Asus.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vbx, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Horrible Customer Service from Asus. ** Asus sucks **

I need to RMA my mobo due to some lagging issues and still no replies. Sent 1 RMA request and about 3 different emails. Nothing. Been 3 days and counting. According to their site, if I don't get any response within 48 hours, my case will be sent to the top.

Still waiting.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    So u sent ur request on christmas day? and expect an immediate reply the few days after christmas?

Patience and common sense are virtues you may lack

3. JousteR

JousteR

Thanks Received:
    It maybe be just down to the time of year with it been the holidays(christmas).
    Give it till after the new year and see if you get anyjoy then..
    I'am still waiting on one of my 5850's back from XfX :toast:

ShiBDiB got in there before i pressed...what he said.. :)

4. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    It was sent on the 24th. I did get a response on Sunday telling me to contact buy.com.

Buy.com told me to contact Asus. So I sent Asus an email telling them that buy.com would not cover it seeing that it has passed the 45 days grace period.

Horrible. This sucks. I should have stuck with a prebuilt. Dell or HP would have had a tech here on Monday.

I should have purchased the HP Firebird instead of building my own PC. Now I know. It's probably doing to take forever for me to get my Desktop back and running.

Let me guess. They will want my mobo first before they send a replacement.

5. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    The very thought of buying a Dell or HP built machine, makes me quiver and die a little inside.

xbonez says thanks.
  6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    That's not exactly horrible customer service.

7. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:

I have a HP laptop.And a Sony prebuilt before this custom build. The Sony Prebuilt lasted forever. Zero issues. And it has a high resale value too. I sold it on ebay for $900. It was a watercooled and hella quiet desktop.

8. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    this

You were contacted 2 days later (on christmas weekend mind you) and told you were contacting the wrong people... this thread should just be locked

9. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wrong people? Really? Buy.com is going to cover a mobo I purchased a year ago? After they told me to contact buy.com, I haven't heard from them since. Yes, it's horrible service.

I had the same problem when I contacted them about my Monitor having a blurry text. "Adjust your contrast" was the reply and never heard from them again. LOL Turns out, the "fuzzy" text is a common problem with the MS228H screen. And all other monitor connect to that model.
    And there is no fix for it. No wonder I haven't heard from them.

10. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    1. you said desktop not laptop
    2. i never mentioned Sony and neither did you in your previous post.

Sony computer products have a high resale as they are expensive in the first place, and sony will always fetch more money as it's suppose to be a 'premium' brand for those that cba to research or just dont know about computers.

But most people here will tell you its not on the box, its what in the box. In the UK dell and especially HP generally build desktops with selling points rather then quality parts.

ie. DDR3!!!!!!!!! but they install cheep CL9 1066 ddr3, just so they can say it 'has' it.

11. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't care about the specs at the moment. What I care about is, is it working. You can have all the flashy, high-end parts on your computer. If aint running. What's the point.

Heck, Logitech stand by their product. I didn't even have a receipt for a headset and the replaced it quick. And a headset isn't important as a Mobo... Got my headset 3 days after I contacted Logitech.

At this rate, I won't see a mobo til next year.

12. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Did you open another ticket? Are you their only customer? Did you send them a profanity laced email?

You sent ASUS an email on Friday and you got an answer on Sunday stating to contact the retailer, which you did. The retailer responded with their terms and directed you to ASUS again. When did you send the second email to ASUS? From my calculation it's only been (maybe) two days. Keep a level head and remain courteous and they'll fix the situation.

13. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    LOL all flashy high end parts............. quality components is what makes pc far superior to another! taking an interest and reading up on your knowledge would obviously help you alot. try google before spouting crap about highend 1066 ddr3.......LOL

you clearly know nothing about pc components in general, but i guess that's fine if you were whining about the stitching on your knickers, but your not you trying to have a view without even clearly having the knowledge.

your on pc tech forums, with alot of people that are very knowledgeable, what i was referring to is DDR3 which is the norm these days, but you call it HIGHTECH and try to crap on me! lmao

crawl back under your rock, wait for asus to reply, and also you just made an ass out of yourself.

14. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did some googling and it turns out, most people have a 2 months waiting time! For Mobo RMA.. Wow.

15. xbonez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Take a deep breath. Count to 10 slowly...

16. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    That's about the normal time for a motherboard from Asus.. It took a month for them to email me back about My max formula board.. took about 3w for the Striker II.

Asus, most likely is off til the start of the year.. With a rma, there is more things to go threw then just a email and your done.. yes, Logitech is fast.. But, their not building products like Asus, or any other manufacture of that nature..

You have to wait.. Yes, it's going to be a pain, yes its going to drive you nuts.. But, if your not all right with that.. Threads like this, which downgrade their service, will end up getting back to them..

vbx says thanks.
  17. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seems like, when they believe the problem isn't theirs, they are quick to respond. But when I need to file an RMA through them, they suddenly are dragging their feet. A 1 - 2 month waiting time is unacceptable.

18. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    so buy a new mobo from a different company, follow through with the asus rma and sell what you get back from them? :toast:

vbx says thanks.
  19. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is actually a great idea. Thank you.:toast:

20. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Can I just let it be noted that Asus is not known to be best at RMA's?
    Also, let it be noted, that most online retailers (e-tailers) only offer a 1 year warranty; in which time you can return the product to the e-tailer.
    But, if the product has a 3-year manufacuturer warranty (i.e.), after 1-year it should be sent to the maunfacturer not the e-tailer. This is common practice.

Nothing against you vbx, it's just the "terms and conditions" or the "warranty service" on the site can explain it much better than I can.

21. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Problem solved. Success! :toast:

Btw, if you want to start a thread for ranting, go to Asus forums, GN.net or some other site. If you want to post a thread looking for information, help, answers, etc. This is the place.

22. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Here is asus's number from website for all support.
    812-282-2787 via US... Or, you can find, if you don't live in the states.. Their number from this link of Asus services

Also, when you do finally get the email and set for rma.. here is their Status Query

I got a person on the phone when I hit 2, then motherboard (hit 1, I believe). Real person is on the air to help for the next 2h I think he said..

LAN_deRf_HA, vbx and erocker say thanks.