1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hot Deals Section

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by paulm, Feb 11, 2009.

1. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey!

I've got some ideas on the Hot Deals section that I thought I should post here...

First off, I think it would be a good idea to split it into regions. For example, a sub-forum for Hot Deals in US, Hot Deals in UK, etc. Seems it would make sense (at least to me).

Next, I'm thinking that there needs to be some kind of way to inform users that there actually is a Hot Deals section... Maybe I'm just OCD or something, but I see a good quantity of deals for GPU's being posted in the Graphics Card section, and I'm sure this is also occurring in other forums (storage and such).

That's all I've thought of for now, hoping it makes sense to other people :D.

2. BloodTotal

BloodTotal New Member

Thanks Received:
    I disagree, this will make it way more complicated, and will also make this forum look like it is trying to sell something

but its good that you are trying to do something to help the forum from your perspective!

3. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    How so?

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't mind seeing a prefix " [US] [UK] " added to the title bar when posting a thread in the Hot Deals section. Posts for deals in any other section should and will be moved to the Hot Deals section.

5. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    I have to agree with you mate, will be much more simpler in essence to the current setup, people can browse their own countries for really good deals, although I like browsing all of them regardless, some people would prefer having it this way how paulm states. (Even though the majority of posts state US/UK in their name, not all mind you, unless I've skim read and missed it sometimes hehe :eek:)

I can't see it really complicating it at all, as anyone even with a pinch of common sense would understand it...

For it making the site look like it is trying to sell something, not really... Keep the forum name as it is but the sub forums as paulm says, as it shows, the site isn't trying to sell anything, but the members are which is what that section is about really, selling, giving away, trading and looking for some good deals :)

Anyhow, I'd have to say I agree with paulm, nice idea mate, whether it goes through or not who knows but good luck! :)

--Lee

6. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree that a prefix should suffice if it is at all possible, as in the B/S/T/FF section!

7. BloodTotal

BloodTotal New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think we need rebate tags too. I hate seeing a good deal and seeing its after rebate :(

Like [US][MIR] HD 5870X2 100$ or [US] HD 5870X2 500$

9. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've neglected the thread for a couple days, sorry :p

The tag system would probably be best, as erocker suggested. Seems to make the most sense and the change wouldn't confuse anyone too much :D

Shadowfold, dreaming big I see :toast: