1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hotfixes included in latest Catalyst drivers ?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by chunky70, Apr 4, 2010.

1. chunky70 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Just discovered these forums - I know, what an amateur - and the site is great.

I am struggling with GSOD with the 5770.

Just wondered if anyone can confirm whether the previous hotfixes already released would be included in the latest catalyst driver package (10.3). I have the latest drivers but didn't want to assume it would include the hotfixes from earlier.

Thanks in advance

Chunky
  2. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    There is a 10.2 hotfix, but I don't know the link or the alike
  3. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  4. 7.62

7.62 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the forums mate!
    Ive only been here for about 6 months I think, and I dont have any need for other forums its all here.
  5. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to TPU, chunky70 :toast:
    When you have a moment, go into the UserCP and enter your system specs. This will help everyone assist you better both now and in the future if you have more system issues.
  6. chunky70 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone

Thanks for all of the friendly replies.

I just ran across the guide that erocker posted about increasing 2D clocks. I had read about this and thought I might give it a go but I noticed that, according to the sensors tab in GPU-Z, I idle at the desktop in W7 64bit at 400/1200, much higher than the levels recommended in erockers guide.

I wonder if my "high" 2D idle settings are a) because I have Catalyst 10.3 installed and/or b) because I have 2 monitors installed from my Sapphire Vapor-X 5770 card (I thought I read that 2 monitors increases the idle rates) ??

Maybe it is worth setting the profile anyway, as I wonder if the idle rates sometimes dip below the levels I quoted occasionally and I don't notice it.

What does anyone think about setting the voltage in the profile while I'm at it ? Its at 1.0v idle but again, I don't know if it dips down just before it GSOD.

The original thing I was wondering about with this post, is if I have the earlier hotfix already installed as part of catalyst 10.3a ?

And the last question: I notice on this site (http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/67870/Sapphire.HD5770.1024.100120.html) there are some bios updates for Sapphire 5770. One says it fixes GSOD issues but it doesn't say if its for the Vapor-X, just the Sapphire 5770. Is this something I'd be advised to try ??

By the way, Kreij, just updating my profile now - thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks again

Chunky