1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

House Bill 1022

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Tomcat81970, Dec 29, 2008.

?

Do you agree with this Bill?

1. Yes! Guns are pure EVIL!

20.3%
  2. NO! Guns dont kill people, People kill People!

68.1%
  3. Dont think it will pass and/or dont care

11.6%
  1. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    Now they just arm themselves to the teeth and hold every ones money.
  2. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    For all gun-lovers mis-quoting Switzerland, get your facts straight.

You have to understand something very important. There are very strict gun controls in Switzerland. The "statistic" that a lot of people "have one" in their home is very different from the US situation of gun liberty to all.

And to all you asshats getting prissy and sarcastic at anyone that has something to say against full free gun liberty, also get your perspective right. A lot of people here support gun ownership but under some form of control. Who (and that can mean, what training and psycho tests), what (what type of guns and ammo is freely available), and where (whether licenses and licenses shops needed with proper record and inspection).

I personally think the gun policy in Switzerland is pretty smart. The result: many people are trained to shoot and maintain guns. At the same time, I think the US policy is overly liberal. I welcome some effort to improve the situation. House Bill 1022 however may not be the best approach. (As we clearly see in this thread).
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a better idea. Why don't we enforce the laws we already have. Or better yet YOU move to Switzerland.
  4. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Hmm. Well I prefer your STFU and "why dont you nah nah" style than you waving a gun around. Keep it up big boy!

Anyway, I cant move to Switzerland. They wont let me even visit, let alone get a residence permit due to my criminal record.
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well its lucky for you then the U.S. doesn't have such strict laws on immigration. We let anyone in. Maybe thats why we need our guns to protect us from criminals.

FYI I have many firearms and yet I DON'T have a criminal record. Makes you wonder why someone like yourself with a criminal record is against me having a gun. :laugh:
  6. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    there is a guy who lives in Switzerland i think here on the forums, maybe he will chime in and give us all the load down on that.

i was beginning to think that myself. maybe its so criminals can break into houses without the fear of being shot. Here where i live there is this stigma about my town because everyone has guns, so nobody get robbed, for a town of 1,500 we have 1,825 registered guns, i was talking to our neighbor the sheriff. anyways he said that there are an addition 300 gun permits under review since January 1st. Oh yea, well criminals and kids don't break into our houses they go and break into houses in little egg, about 8 miles north of hear. And they do that because guns just don't exist in the number that they do here.

All i know is, when you teach children to respect firearms they don't go off and do inappropriate things with them. Out west where my Aunt and Uncle live, they have the most lax gun policies, people walk around with guns all the time, and guess what their crime rate was last year? 0, nada, 1-1=0, no crime. My other aunt and uncle live down south in Georgia, big gun state, and for all the guns in Atlanta what is their crime rate per 1,000 compared to a state like new jersey which has cities like Camden and Newark, mind you that new jersey is one of the toughest states to get a gun, and especially a pistol, and yet we have the worst cities in the country for crime.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  7. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:

Gun laws are nothing but a joke and used to disarm the innocent. If the men in power could read and understand the Constitution they would see the reasoning behind the Second Amendment. It is the Government that people need to arm themselves against. Because at some point the Government shall fail as we know it and try to take over all. Examples are all through out history of this.
  8. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    ^ true.

After fighting tyranny and oppresion from a well known and powerful goverment they wanted somethign new and different, they could not know however the deep well that is greed and lust in these days. Our goverment is under the control of the large companies and bends to their will. How many are allowing all these companies to sensor and watch what we do on the internet? And yet there are no lawsuits for fear of losing the "precious" they have and being tossed out of the collective popular group? If Qwest ever starts tracking me and I get to know of it and cannot bypass it I will quit the net. As it is you have to go force your DNS servers in the modem and in the computer. Then it still generates a weblog, and you have to manually turn off remote telnet access.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  9. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    hey are airsoft and airsoft evenments legan in the us? here not in nl :( allways have to go to belgium to shoot
    i would love to have a real firearm :) A Five seven with S190 cartridge.
  10. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea there are some airsoft places around here. My friends big into it and let me borrow some guns and play one time.
  11. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Lets see if they could take mine away if it passes !:toast::roll::roll::rockout:
  12. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    This isn't Fallout 3.

You point and pull the trigger and the bullet usually goes where you aim it.
  13. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Oh mailman YAWN. Did I ever say I was againt guns? I'm happy for you to own as many freeking guns and rockets as you like. What I advocate however is some method of license and restriction. The rule could be as simple as an idiot test: IQ<50, no gun. Or it could be something as sophisticated as you need a license, over 21, passed certain training, etc. not unlike driving a car or truck or school bus. Oh may goodness! Is that too hard to comprehend? Are you going to start demanding that everyone has the right to drive a car so there should be no rules!

Problem is, and you are showing it, is that you aint even reading or listening to what I've been saying, because you are too busy shouting on your soapbox.
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Naa I just don't like your name.

My point is we don't even enforce the laws we currently have so further regulating them (guns) is just eliminating personal liberties at this point.

FYI man I was just messing with you. I understand what your saying I just don't see how further regulating will help the problem since most gun crimes are done with acquired illegally firearms in the first place.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  15. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Only people in the Military should have a gun for ''protection purposes''. But if you are a Gun Collector with no sort of Mental Illness and have gotten the Guns legally(payed for and registered to own/handle a gun) then thats ok. Gets me mad when people legally/illegally get a gun with no background and go on a shooting rampage.
  16. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep, airsoft guns are legal here in the states. All that they require is a 1/4 inch bright orange tip on the end to denote them from real guns. Outside of that every state has separate regulations regarding them. Like here in New Jersey for example, they must be locked up during transport, like real firearms. Magizines and batteries/green gas etic must also be separate.

agreeded, you can't take guns away from the cilivian polulation, here you have have to go door to door for that.

I listen to what you say, and there are stupidity rules, here in New Jersey you need to pass a mental health test before you cna get your FFl, or even to posess weapons. However this doesn't deter crime, the gangs have illegal weapons anyways, read on my reply to CDwall for more indept on that.

I acknowlege your arguement but,why should only people in the Military be allowed to have guns? i own guns, i know how to take my guns apart, clean them and take care of them. And besides you can only obtain guns through legal channels, if you can't get them through legal channels then you have to go black market for guns. And its proven that taking guns out of the civilian population doesn't reduce crime.

The criminal element here in the united states they do not follow the rules. I know neo-nazi groups that carry AK-47's that are fully automatic. They carry that for protection from the Bloods and Crypts. None of the 3 major gangs in New Jersey come to towns with high gun populations, because they want to stay out of our hair as bad as we do theirs.

Hell the neo-nazis who are the baddest of the 3 gangs, also tote illegal weapons, how did they get them? I ask you have does taking my right to owning firearms away help me? what am i going to do call the police? the police coverage sucks here, self defense is very important otherwise you would have bloods crypts and neo-nazis fighting turf wars in our towns and then kids get killed because there are no mean to hold them in check.
  17. Tomcat81970

Tomcat81970 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, this thread got revived!...

IMO with the Switzerland firearm culture...

I think that one of the reasons crimes with firearms are so low is because why would a criminal risk it if there is a strong chance there victim will also be armed? It evens the playing field (or makes it a lot closer) Here there is a VERY little chance some one is going to be able to put up a fight against an armed assailant. Its generally Gun VS. Nothing... In Switzerland, If most people are armed it will then be a much greater chance for Gun VS Gun and that will barely give the criminal an advantage (next to surprise)...

This may be a stupid point, but would you risk something if you dont have a substantial advantage? And if they make 90% of firearms illegal, it will let the criminal KNOW they have no opposition (but the police) when it comes time to do there work...

idk... just a thought...
  18. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    Hey there is a gun show going on in Manchester NH this coming Saturday and Sunday. Woot for me!
  19. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    lucky you, there are gun shows verywhere except new jersey, its gay. i almost went to a gun show in gerorgia but i forgot my ffl. :mad:
  20. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    You should have still went. I am going to look for a nice SKS or maybe a good pump shotgun.
  21. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
  22. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    LOL, in Switzerland you arent allowed to carry guns. You are allowed to have one locked up at home. It's government property. The concept is similar to being in the army. On the army base there are guns.

Please, peeps, stop quoting Switzerland when you havent even had the courtesy to read up on their regulations. :banghead:
  23. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    We all painted the tips of our airsoft guns black again, we play everywhere, in my basement and outside, in the mountians, etc... Mostly we use CO2 or spring load guns.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  24. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1566715.stm

Read up dude.
  25. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    I signed it, didn't know it even existed.

yea we are guilty of that as well. We usually use AEG's and gbb pistols. But all the cammo, and the mag pouces, we look like a full flung army, lol

+1, unfortunately an anti gun person will not read anything that could be controversial to his way of thinking.