1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How about Steam URLs?

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by FordGT90Concept, Jul 31, 2014.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    With the rise of free to play games, threads devoted to such games could have a link in there for joining/installing in a flash. Here's an example for Firefall: steam://run/227700

It obviously doesn't parse it and putting it in the URL BB code precedes it with http:// so it doesn't work.

It could be also used to link to games directly in Steam in the latest sales/deals thread. People like me aren't logged in to the Steam website so the steam:// address is more useful.

Edit: Here's the skinny on the protocol.

digibucc says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    i'm the opposite, cant stand the steam client, i always want steam addresses for my browser that i'm always logged in on

(how does the in game overlay browser have tabs, yet the main client still lacks them!?)

i approve of this idea for install links though

3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lacks tabs? I know it doesn't look like a tab but they are effectively the same unless i'm missing something. click "store, library, community, your name" and they switch as though they were tabs. and then store has real tabs.

what do you mean specifically?

regarding OP, I agree and would like steam app urls.