1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How can i fry my video card? Part2

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Koba, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koba New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like to start saying this: Could people please keep their PERSONAL opinion to themselves and only comment if you actually wanna contribute? Thanks! :toast:

I read, laszlo thread (http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52167) where he is seeking help to fry his card.

I, like laszlo, wanna be honest about my purpose:

I wanna RMA the card. The card is a GTX 590 and I have about a year of warranty left. The card is from Zotac and is NOT being manufactured anymore nor sold by the retailer where I got it from.

The card is extremely loud and consumes a lot of power. By RMA it I will probably get a 680 or perhaps can make a deal with the retailer giving a few extra $$$ to get a better card. Who knows?

Wether or not I will get a new card or money back is my own problem and I'm willing to take the chance.

So how can I "destroy" my gfx card? I have really tried a lot of things by now.
    I tried flashing the bios, no luck. I have tried to OC the card, no luck.
    I read about some bad drivers that would 100% kill the GFX card but they seem impossible to find.

Anyone got a good idea how to kill it so i can RMA it?

2. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:
    microwave it for 5 seconds

3. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The link you posted should have given you plenty of answers. And a hint - that thread is locked and it's in the General Nonsense part of the forum, as this one will be in a couple of minutes..

We don't condone purposely ruining hardware to RMA on these forums.
    No.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    Law-II and AlienIsGOD say thanks.