1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how can i fry my video card?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by laszlo, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    don't worry no sticky needed seems the pencil mod is worth a few $

2. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    removed.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  3. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

4. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:

why don't you switch the channel if you don't like what you see?

if you just insult and swear you'll be alone....

i think no matter what's the post subject here a decent language is a minimum what makes the difference between a human and a monkey.....

5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    This forum is for people to help people with problems with their pc's,not to help people destroy a perfectly working piece of hardware in the mistaken belief they will get it replaced by something better than they payed for.

If you have'nt got anything constructive to add to this forum,maybe you dont belong here.

intel igent says thanks.
  6. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a really hard time sending back my week old 8800GT that is really faulty. They (the internet store) just asked if my PSU was strong enough.. Seems RMA is too easy in the USA :/

Here we have to send the card back to were we bought it with thorough explanation on what is wrong with it. If they don't find anything wrong with it they send it back an charge for the work and postage. That can easily cost 3rd of the cards value and you are still left with the unworking card.

So I spend 5 days testing it with 4 different drivers, Vista & XP, 3 different computers. Changed a different PSU and memory to my system and used the other PCIe power and with molex to PCIe adapter. Updated motherboard bios 2 times, now with newest beta that is not stable and undowgradable :(

What I was left that no other component is faulty, but the green lines are caused by the GPU to my LCD and it sends out crackles & pop over DVI-HDMI cable to my LCD TV. Also got few black/graypink screens and messed up bios graphics and 3DMark06 demo corrupted display crashes.

Card will leave today to the store and I have to hope that those problems are enough for them to find a reason it's faulty and I'd get a refund (doubt it) or a new card that might have same problems.

7. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    don't forget destruction & construction & viceversa was the engine of evolution

8. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    lets face it guys the entire RMA system is abused in the US.. folks buy things try them out send them back cos they dont like them on a regular basis..

but some guys on here get 0 out of 10 for their sense of humour.. laszlo gets 10 out of 10 for his ability to bait such virtuous prigs..

on a grand scale of "badness" he dont even rate..

trog

laszlo says thanks.
  9. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:

man i don't had the luck (?) to be born in us ;they buy new cards for half price then others not fair no? they just rma things used 1 week or less because .....

maybe i abuse the rma but if i can why not ? people in us abuse it daily the rest just shut the f.up? we're not all saints don't?

10. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    Because a handful few people who abuse the RMA system, the system itself could be scrapped by protesting manufacturers = we all lose.

Do you realise that if your card manufacturer discovers you've been discussing stuff here, he could sue TPU and its owner?

11. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:

but you realise that tpu can be sued for the vmod thread (http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/voltmods/112/3) which are free for all visitors!!! and can be used for all purposes what's your point now?
    not to mention the other threads... same story so ?

12. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    A volt-mod is NOT illegal, it voids warranty and there's ample mention of that. With a void warranty you can't RMA and the target audience of that article are people who have an understanding of how the RMA system works and that with volt-modding you lose warranties, same with other threads. There are disclaimers too.

But in your case, you're seeking assistance to trick a manufacturer and abuse the RMA system.

13. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:

all nice but you don't get the point;it can be used for all purposes ; when the manufacturer will implement a chip (black box) only then they can know what the user do with the hardware.

i'm glad to see that now the used language show respect for each one:)

and if someone fell sick reading all this take a pill and if no effect RMA-it :laugh: (joke)

14. kylew

kylew New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just because some one voids a warranty due to voltmodding, doesn't mean they won't attempt to RMA, just like trog said, offering up things such a lifetime warranties brings into question of not if, but how many people are gonna break their cards to get a new one, you could say "it'll break eventually so i'm just speeding up the process". If laszlo wants to break his card, then it's up to him, if he wants to discus it, so what? big deal, if he was asking some one (one of us) to break it for him, then he'd be going too far. Some of the people getting extremely worked up over this though need to stop acting like the internet police with sending the url to this thread to power colour, that's kinda being childish really, chances are he won't get a 3870, or anything at all, but he's not going to destroy the whole RMA system for it. Calm down and put your energy into something more useful and more morally "wrong". :rolleyes: /rant over :D

laszlo says thanks.
  15. The Haunted

Thanks Received:
    Load the card at 100% with ATI tool and then gently rub a steel wool on the back of the card.
    (For added fireworks you could plug the pcie 6 pin conector on the steel wool at the same time)

16. vexen

vexen

Thanks Received:
    Get a job, I paid my Ti4200, my 6600, my x800gto, my two 7900gt, and my 2900xt, i mean, please get a job.

das müffin mann and Cold Storm say thanks.
  17. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    just close this thread what he is doing is illegal

18. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Take it to KFC and ask for extra-crispy.

19. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol kfc sounds so good right now(im starving):roll:
    but dude get a job a BUY it, and sell the card you have and use that money to buy a new card:nutkick:

20. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    man i have a job and i earn 350 $ a month ; from a while i can't spare a dime ;i made my rig 2 years ago from 3 years saving;now i want to "abuse' the rma and i'm at the execution wall :)

21. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why would any of us know how to break it? We do spend alot of time getting them to work better. I can't recall the heres how to break shit thread.Perhaps you can start one just don't exspect it to be real popular.

das müffin mann says thanks.
  22. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    if you think so please ask a moderator to delete the entire post ;be sure i won't post this again here even i need it.

23. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    this thread makes valid points.. ethics and morality aint a bad thing to discuss.. none of us are quite so "sqeaky clean" as we like to think we are..

its all been "mostly" civilized and adult.. i hope it dosnt get closed..

trog

laszlo says thanks.
  24. laszlo

laszlo

Thanks Received:
    agree; when i start this post i had no intention to divide the people but ...

i know a good comparison from Bible the stone throwing...

25. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    anyways dude i recon u are a wise man in the making.. still a bit naive but not a bad guy at heart.. he he he.. ;)

try not to be so "honest" as to how u ask your questions in the future.. :)

trog