1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How can I make this run?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by tilldeath, Mar 9, 2011.

1. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    I want to set up a projector in the basement and connect my PC to it. That being said since I will have around 120'' display on the wall how can I get the single display to run like a three monitor display. In other words how can I get the extra periferal advantage of having three screens condensed into one?
  2. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    first you need a concave (i think that's the right one) screen to project onto, then you need 2 more projectors.

but really what are you trying to accomplish here? you can't make eyefinity out of nothing.
  3. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    AFAIK you would need 3 projectors to do that. otherwise.. maybe tweak the FOV in some games and see if that has the desierd effect.
  4. BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand your question at all.

Do you want 3 images on top of each other?

Do you have a very WIDE projection area and you want like a 21:9 aspect ratio display using a single 4:3 aspect ratio projector?

Or what?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. b82rez New Member

Thanks Received:
    The simple answer is 'no'. Unless you used two more projectors...which is kinda pointless, imo.
  6. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess an eaiser way to put it would be like this... I want the same amount of viewable game area you get with a three monitor setup on one monitor/projector. So the way I look at it is if I have a 120'' projected screen divide it by three and you end up with 3 monitors at 40'' display equivelant.
  7. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes more or less I want to make my pc run like it's connected to 3 displays only it's connected to one. Like having an ultra wide screen with no monitor bezel cutoff.
  8. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Is this for gaming? If so you can set the FOV in many games but there are often limits to how wide you can go, which in some cases can be worked around with third party software.

I'm not sure what projector you have but let's say you have a 1920x1080 model and want to mimic a setup with three 16:9 monitors in landscape setup (48:9 total aspect ratio). To get the 48:9 ratio, you'd have to sacrifice 720 of your projector's vertical pixels and run at 1920x360. At 1920x360, your 120" projection would be 118" x 22" at 16 pixels per inch (PPI). If you wanted to get a more reasonable pixel density, you'd need to be using two more projectors.
    mikeh, danik, drdaver and 2 others say thanks.
  9. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    exactly the info I needed, looks like I'll stick with one display then. :toast: