1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how could ascarion do this to me!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2009.

1. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    I'm so very disappointed, i quit playing WoW to try out something a little more rpg like that was single player and low and behold there is sacred 2. Previews look great, game looks great, quests are pretty neat, everything a game should be in my eyes sacred 2 is... Except one thing.... I can't get the effin thing running for more then 10 minutes. I just had a huge quest line goin, had a new level in there, had some items i wanted in the bag, half way done with all the quests i've done and bam, game crashes, something about some stupid dll file "granny2" why does this happen... This isn't the only problem i'm been having.... I had to jump through hoops to get this game going... Like reinstalled 3 times before i could get to the character screen... I don't know, i recall a thread here a lil while ago where people were playing sacred and liking it... How do i play this game... like how do you guys get it going with no issues??
  2. CStylen

CStylen New Member

Thanks Received:
    to help prevent crashes: 1) try disabling physx in the Nvidia control panel AND in the game itself; 2) do not use combos; 3) if playing only in single player mode, do not update to 2.43 - stay at 2.40. Lame, I know.

also, try running in compatibility mode for xp sp2 and "run as administrator"
  3. Benno New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you downloaded all the patches for it? I've bought this game and I'm waiting for it to be delivered later on this week and the crashing is one thing I'm not looking forward to :(

And I don't think anybody gets it going with no issues :p
  4. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In order to get Sacred 2 working on my rig without problems, I had to do several updates.
    I completely uninstalled and reinstalled my vidoe drivers (at the time 9.4)
    I had to load the latest nVidia physics driver (it's on their website)
    I had to load the latest MC Visual C++ 2005 reditributable update (KB973923)

It takes some real patience, but the game runs flawlessly on my system now. No crashes in SP at all (like CStylen said ... don't use Combos. They are bugged in many cases). It was pretty frustrating, but the game is a lot of fun and worth the time spent to get it working correctly.

Go to the Any Sacred 2 Players? thread for more information. It's now over 700 posts, but there is a lot of information in that thread from various people having issues.
  5. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    If you are running a 64Bit OS. DO NOT UPDATE TO 2.43. The game will not run, not even in single player. We have a huge thread going on sacred 2. All of us on 64Bit are screwed now, until they fix 2.43, which they wont because they sold the company and fired all the developers. So the only thing that is going to fix this for us is waiting for the expansion pack to be released, supposedly in August. Or installing a 32bit OS.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=92668
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  6. CStylen

CStylen New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought this game off steam originally and had zero issues with patch 2.40 (with physx disabled). yada, yada, yada, I now own the retail copy and have serious issues with the new patch (2.43). if you dont care about multiplayer, stay at version 2.40
  7. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    yeah iv'e been at 2.40 and i've reinstalled twice, i got it running good last night, fixed teh granny2.dll issue by taking one from this demo someone posted on the sacred2 forums. then i had a kernelbase.dll issue that was fixed by running ccleaner of all programs. I was able to run fine for about an hour and hadn't found a place to save and then bam ctd all of a sudden, something about an input something something .dll file that crashed it. I finally gave up for the night, tired and frustrated. It always crashes after i get soemthing cool or level and then i gotta go back a step. At least in a way i'm taking 2 steps forward and one step back with the crashes.