• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How do I determine memory manfacturer and speed?

S

solwing

I have an ASUS 9600XT, and I need to flash the bios, because I'm having problems with the card. But I don't know how to tell who manufactured the memory and it's speed in ns, because it's covered over by a heat sink. Is there some utility or something? I don't see anywhere in my driver properties where this is given either.

Frozen

What problems? Flashing wont necessarily fix them :p

But look on the memory chips. The 9600XT uses 3.3NS. Could be hynix, samsung, i dunno that part.

Slayerstaps

I don think that flashing your bios would "fix" your problems cause they are prolly software related...

S

solwing

Is there any other way then looking at the memory chips, because I don't want to remove the heat sink that's covering over them if possible.

The problem was caused by using the 4.8 Catalyst drivers, and disabling the DVI output to my LCD monitor (I was messing around with the settings to get a extended desktop to my TV). From that point on I could not get the card to detect that the DVI LCD monitor was connected, the enable button is grayed out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled older drivers to no avail. The problem also caused the TV monitor to be the dominant monitor on boot up (before windows xp loads). The TV shows the bios info first, before it displays it to a VGA monitor, and the VGA monitor resolution is messed up because it's trying to follow the TV's resolution. I've tried connected and unconnecting the VGA, DVI, and TV in all sorts of combinations to no avail. I've tried multiple driver versions to no avail.

It seems to me that the setting was saved onto the video card itself by the drivers to use the TV monitor first, since on bootup no drivers are loaded yet. I can't seem to get the setting back with the driver, so I'm hoping flashing the bios will return the card to it's factory settings, and it will once again detect my DVI LCD monitor and use it first on boot up.

Frozen

FLashings not gonna work....looks like a format is in order.

You dont have to remove the sink to look at the chips :p. Theyre sqare, black, and have letters on them, lo.

S

solwing

Here is what's printed on the memory chips, but I still can't tell what speed it is. If it's 2.8 or 3.3.

Samsung 319
K4D26323RA-6C2A
WFD12QFC KOREA

Formatting my hard drive is probably not an option for me right now, I will live with the card as is if that's the only option. So I want to try everything else. I've also tried a system restore point.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit

pablofrogo

Isn't 2.8 rated at 350? that's pretty tsrange to me.. I thought 9600XTs used 3.3... or is it diferent wil samsung?

My friend's Connect3D 128mb uses hynix 3.3.... :confused: