1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how do i make a bootable MS-DOS CD-ROM

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tkpenalty, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay I'm very frustrated so cut the crap and get to the point. Anyway how the hell do i make a bootable MS-DOS CD-ROM that works like the standard MS-DOS FDD? I've found a site and the god damn webhost decided it was funny to add a $4 tariff to his downloads. But the rest are totally irrelevant to what I am doing.

I want to flash my X1950PRO With the STOCK bios. No I dont have a fdd anymore and I cbf undoing all my cable management JUST to flash the GPU.

Anyway I dont want any Trivial bullshit with GUI and a loader that required 2 million parameters before I get to the command prompt.

Anyway I TRIED finding bootable MS-DOS CD-ROM and yeah I was filled with results of Bootdisks with crap preloaded.
  2. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    AFAIK, it has to be a floppy. No-one I know has it working on a CD-ROM. Although, you can flash BIOSes from a CD-ROM by pressing like F2, would'nt that work?
  3. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very helpful, :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Oh well... :cry:
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  4. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    TKE, this is very unacceptable, I recommend that you remove those bumps yourself and edit your startpost else I'll be forced to give you two infractions, one for bad language and one for 2 bumps in 18 minutes. Plus, if I am for some reason in a bad mood I might even give you a third for your rude response to Ben.
  6. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    :(... sorry lol... just delete it (Itsnt it Tkp though?). I got really stressed out after I couldnt find it and before when I went there I could download for free, now they charge $4. Dan can you enlighted me on this subject though?

Seen it, always leads to that gay website.
  7. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Just download a bootable floppy from bootdisk.com, use virtual floppy to mount the floppy and then use Nero to create a bootable disk and use the virtual floppy drive as source for bootfiles. Burn, voila you are done.

As for your failure to change the tone of your initial request this thread is closed, I hope your next thread is better.