1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How do i tweak voltage settings?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by joeyck, Jan 16, 2011.

1. joeyck New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys title says it all, my card is running at 1000/1250 @ 50% fan speed, it works perfectly fine, but I have come to stages of like playing lower end games from like 2005 and I get a complete crash, (this doesn't always happen though) however when I play BC2 completely and underlie maxed to its limits nothing EVVVVERRR happens... so i wanted to try one last thing and that is increase the voltage it is getting, I use MSI afterburner and it shows my voltage but i cant tweak it.. why is that?

also I have This Card

was wandering if Is should change to This Card?

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The older games are giving you crashes due to drivers and/or compatability. If it was voltage your newer games would give you problems as well.

Getting that Gigabyte card would be a waste of time. I can see no benefit of doing so.

3. joeyck New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alrighty, I was thinking that, I would also like to point out that when I run Furmark, and MSI kumbuster this things rolls through it, but then when vantage hits then everything just goes to hell, stock and OC'd this again is driver related correct?

4. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    I would say its not your card.

Try running your older games in compatibility mode with XP.

Right click on your game exc. file then choose properties and compatibility then select XP.

Could be a driver issue also...Try a different version of driver.

5. joeyck New Member

Thanks Received:
    there r no more drivers of it :( :*( Ive been waiting all month for these dam drivers, and when I say old games I mean like WarRock, and COD4 but for BC2 I never crashed with it, actually with OC'in BC2 gets like 15FPS more oO, I will try to run them in XP mode, see what it does for me.