1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How do I use "RivaTuner" with the 9800SE?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by TechnicalFreak, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Hi

I would like to know, or perhaps if someone could guide me step by step on how I use the RivaTuner (latest version v2.06) to unlock the 4 pipes on my Radeon9800SE.

I do however have them "hacked" drivers, but someone said once that I can use this tool to unlock the remaining 4 pipelines.

My card is R350 256-bit with 128ddr. I have tested it earlier with all pipelines on, and it was ok. However the cooling at that point was not ok, but it's better now. (No stock VGA cooler, I have an Arctic Cooler on the card instead but no HS for the Ram..).

Thankful for any replies given.

2. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Can't you just flash it instead? Would be easier in the long run.

3. I can flash it??
    How? Can you "point" me in the right direction??

<edit> Ok, I was over at Guru3D and found this tool called ATI Radeon BIOS Tuner (RaBiT).

Is it this tool I should use? How "safe" is it, what should I think of so nothing goes wrong?
    Can this program "unlock" the rest of the pipes??

Thankful for any replies given.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2008
  4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Nm. It seems you have to do a hard mod, then flash it with the appropriate 9800Pro bios. I'm not 100% on that tho. http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=212