1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How do you make Firefox more like chrome?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Drizzt5, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Drizzt5

Drizzt5 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I recently switched back to firefox from chrome because of a few annoying problems with chrome.

There are a few features in chrome I like, that firefox doesn't do and it is starting to get on my nerves.

1. When you open a new Tab, make it open right next to the tab that you just were in.
    Chrome did this and I loved it, but firefox is really annoying and goes all the way to the other side.
    2. When you get many tabs, it makes a scroll thing so that you need to scroll along to get to each tab.
    Chrome just shrunk the tab sizes and I could see them all lined up.
    3. Also I liked how in chrome you could drag a tab out, and then place it back in as you please.

I know firefox is really customizable, I just don't know how to get it to be like that.

2. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    combination of addons i would start by going to tools and addons in firefox

3. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Add on's for sure. Chrome IMO is the fastest, best browser out. The first time I tried the beta I was hooked. Every other browser just crawls in comparison. I <3 Chrome.

4. Studabaker

Studabaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't use Chrome specifically because I can't use my add-ons on it.

5. Drizzt5

Drizzt5 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've gotten weird crashes, very few websites don't display correctly but I got sick of it anyway.

to be honest, coming from chrome and going to Firefox... I think it's all hype, the only thing chrome is noticeably faster in is java script.

6. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    You can move tabs in firefox, just click hold and drag, as for the other maybe search for a group tab addon if one exists.

7. Drizzt5

Drizzt5 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know what you mean, i have a hard time describing it but that isnt what i mean

I mean when you pull out a tab, it becomes a full window, and then u can take that window and put it back in the lineup with the other tabs.

lol, ill search through addons... Ill go back to chrome in a few months probably.

8. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    ah i see - that's a pretty nifty idea.