1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How does the IceQ 3 from HIS compare?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Nosada, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Nosada

Nosada

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

I'm currently shopping around for a set of HD3870 video cards to Crossfire. I've been reading up on several brands and the differences between them. Finding something about the cooling capacity of the HIS IceQ 3 cooler has been harder than I imagined. So I thought I'd come here and ask the people who know :)

Is buying a HIS card worth it? (price premium +/-25$)

How does it compare to the reference cooler or the Zerotherm on the Powercolor PCS series, both cooling and sound-wise?

Any links, insights or personal experiences would be highly appreciated :toast:

Regards,
    Nos
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    IceQ coolers ahve always been at the top end of the "oem upgraded cooler" maybe an owner can elaborate further
  3. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    I've used one on a x1950pro, the cooler was excellent. It was ~8-10C cooler than the Zalman vf900 I tried to put on it. The only issue was that after a while, the fan developed a tiny rattle when running @ 100% speed.
  4. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I have two x1950Pros with them on, they are very good coolers, but I would take the $25 and just put it towards a good aftermarket cooler.
    Crunching for Team TPU