1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How is my cable management?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by itsakjt, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    After they sit for a while, the cables tend to get lazy and drop into places they shouldn't be in:laugh:

2. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    It is a base rig, who would waste their time sleeving it? :slap:

3. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    People who get bored or want something else to, Dosen't matter how old or new the pc is does it.

4. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    If you think this guy is gonna sleeve his cables your on crack. Just sayin....

5. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    If you think this guy is gonna sleeve his cables your on crack. To even mention it makes me think you guys are on crack..... :twitch::twitch::twitch:

6. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Maybe we don't all think like you, Just because you would not sleave it dosen't mean someone else wont.

Infact it would be a good place to start if we have never done it before and i would rather try on a basic case than say my NZXT case.

I also do not take crack or any other shit like that

itsakjt says thanks.
  7. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    All this guy did was ask how his cable management was and a debate about sleeving comes up... Gott love this club.....:slap:

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I think it looks very good for a prebuilt case.

itsakjt says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Yeah and someone else suggest something to try and to make things look nicer, I do not see what is wrong with that.

10. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    It is a pre built system........ LOL :laugh:

11. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    Pre Built or not you can still make it look nice and tidy compaird to what you usaully get from the rats nest of cables in pre built systems.

To OP your cables look good and out of the way of any possable airflow which is the main reason to do cable managament after that is looks

itsakjt says thanks.
  12. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    The system is prebuilt and the builder is none other than me. So I am the commandeer of all the operations. :p

animal007uk says thanks.
  13. karolpl2004

karolpl2004

Thanks Received:
    cant wait for those wireless power supplies haha

14. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Think outside the box. Or under the motherboard. cut some holes. sleeve the rest. Yes I said sleeve. Its good practice and heat shrink tubing is cheap and may he wants to waste some time on this project. At least he has the balls to ask

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  15. random

random

Thanks Received:
    cable tie the bottom half of the motherboard too! When you clean up the cables down there you'll have so much more room for activities lol, but seriously it'll make it look alot tidier.

16. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Case modding to make cable management.
    Painting the inside of the case black, cutting some holes, go to the hardware store and get some rubber to slot against the new holes you cut with a dremel.

itsakjt says thanks.
  17. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I don't advocate drdeathx's attitude toward low end systems, but I have to agree that sleeving that rig is not only kinda pointless, it could get someone with minimal experience into trouble.

Proper sleeving takes a bit of know how and dexterity. I've seen countless posts even from people fairly experienced at building systems whom try sleeving for the first time, then end up asking how to get certain cables they've not been able to put back together properly.

18. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    No I can sleeve. I just need the kits. You know what? I made the connections of the front panel audio myself-Completely with wires, soldered the sockets to the PCB and the wires too, got a jack from an old chassis of a friend and then put the wires properly with the designated contacts. It was not there when we bought the chassis. Yeah I failed the HD audio but I managed to do AC97. For HD audio, I needed a circuit diagram but did not find any on the web.

19. n3rdf1ght3r

n3rdf1ght3r

Thanks Received:
    The cable management looks fine. I'm going to assume there it no side panel window and considering the components currently in the computer, no ones going to open it up to see how pretty it looks. So right now cable management would really be to improve the airflow inside your case by reducing the amount of clutter to allow air to flow to you components better. I feel like i'm a bit late to this conversation :p

EDIT: You should get a front intake fan, like what Mindweaver said.

itsakjt says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Xenturion

Thanks Received:
    Realistically, modding the case or purchasing a modern case would really be necessary if you want to improve it further. There's options from Zalman, Antec, BitFenix, and others, all that would allow enthusiast levels of cable management for under $50. A bottom mounted power supply (with room behind the motherboard tray) and storage drive bays in a different orientation would go a long way. The 4 or 8-pin CPU connector is the only real issue that can arise doing cable management in a bottom-mounted PSU case. Sometimes, the connector isn't long enough to reach from the PSU at the bottom, all the way up the back of the motherboard tray, and then over the top to the front of the motherboard. Looking at your pictures, it would seem it'd be long enough.

21. ZDarryl

ZDarryl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks fine, could be better, but with what you have to work with, it is decent.

itsakjt says thanks.