1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how long do you run Artifact test?

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Hambone, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Hambone New Member

Thanks Received:
    how long do you need to run this test to see if u pass it or not?
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I run it for about 20 mins...just make sure temps have leveled off and there are no artifacts for about 10 mins after temp leveling.

Then I game for a bit to verify clocks....just more fun to game for an hour than to watch the cube for verification!
  3. Hambone New Member

Thanks Received:
    my temps level off @ 10 mins at 69C. if your get artifacts, what will it do to your card?
  4. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Might harm it if you let it go too long, but they just mean the card isn't stable at the clocks you have it set at.
  5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I let mine run anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple of hours or more. Depending on what I'm doing and the time after OC-ing/Tuning I have to let it run. I have ran it overnight before just to be sure.

When I get artifacts with my x1950pro, my VPU resets and my GPU/Mem clocks are back to stock. If I get any artifacts, it's time to downclock or volt mod, but I haven't ventured into volt modding vid cards yet so I downclock till I'm good and stable.

Hambone, you should also update your System Specs by going into UserCP. :toast:
  6. Hambone New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok i got my system specs. if i get artifacting in ATItool but when i game i never see it or the game never crash, im i ok?