1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How Long Does a Phenom II X4 @ 4.0 Ghz Have Left?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jeffredo, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
    Curious about your opinions on this. I have an X4 @ 4.0 Ghz paired with a GTX 460 1GB. Fairly modest system I suppose and plays most RPGs with most quality options maxed. It is starting to show its age - CPU dependent Skyrim was the first real sign (although with patches and driver updates its much better now). I'm trying to put away a little each month for a new Intel build since my AM3 board is a dead end. I have so many things I need to do on my house I don't foresee being able to build one for at least a year - maybe two. I just hate the thought of having to turn down the eye candy to keep new games smooth. I am going to try to swing a new GPU this summer - hopefully something in the performance range of an HD 7870. Any concerns for a CPU bottleneck? Think my old CPU can make it through a couple more years with compromising too much? Thanks - just trying to put my mind at ease. :slap:

2. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Personally I think you have a lot left in that setup. Years! A new GPU will be able to take whatever you toss at it. Mine is still doing great! I can play BF3 Maxed out with no problems at all!

Jeffredo says thanks.
  3. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    yup my budget pc still has a core2quad and a GTX460 1GB it runs great for games still, I need more power for adobe premiere and sony acid though so yea, I don't have a problem with skyrim, you haven't listed how much ram you have though . . . . so how much.

Jeffredo says thanks.
  4. DigitalUK

DigitalUK New Member

Thanks Received:
    these guys are right theres plenty of life in your x4, change your gpu and the world will be a wonderful place once again.. :)

5. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
    8gb

6. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    More than enough. If you feel that your GPU is not enough get one that is. Heck I have 2 HD5770's and find that is enough.
    But if I could get anything more than this I would.

Jeffredo says thanks.