1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How Long Should It Take?

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by kingtana1, Nov 25, 2004.

1. kingtana1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys just a couple newb questions...I just got ATITool and I am trying to use it on my laptop and desktop. I have a 9800 Pro AIW and a 9600 Mobility and I run the detect max settings for CPU and it scanned for about 20 minutes moved up 2 Hz,and the test kep going, but no more Hz moved up after about 10 min, but test kept going. Should it take this long or longer? Do I just let it go or did something fail. Sorry for such newb questions, I tried searching for a guide/tutorial but couldnt find any. Thanks for any suggested.
  2. Lt_Omega New Member

Thanks Received:
    Go to the settings button and choose artifact scanning. The first 3 settings should be 30 seconds,30 seconds and 120%.

The "While running 'Find Max' increase frequency after:" setting can be around 6-9 seconds ( I think the default 3 seconds can lead to the VPU not being given a chance to warm up long enough to give an accurate measurement for a safe OC)

By the way watch out for tearing/distortion during the test. This is the first sign of an OC going too high.
  3. zealot`grr New Member

Thanks Received:
    try to let it run for some time like one hour ;)