1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How much difference does it make?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by B1gg3stN00b, Aug 18, 2008.

1. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I didn't need all of the features on a 780G chipset and settled for a 760 or 740, or even an older motherboard that had just what I needed, would there big a significant difference between speed on boards if I'm not OC'ing and everything still falls within the supported speeds?
  2. wesleys_dad New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not really.those boards you mentioned are very good boards as far as the chipsets go.unless you are doing some very intensive tasks like video encoding /rendering you wont notice the difference in real world use..benchmarks will show an increase but alot of people buy all this latest thing out and its not much of an upgrade from what they have now ...
    all said its nice to buy all the newest releases out and alot of us do it because its like an addiction of sorts but I know myself as i upgrade almost every year i dont see much of a difference in real world use..I just like a very snappy computer....so if all you need is the 740 or 760 and a 5000+ x2 and 2 gigs of ddr2 ram you will have a great running machine and it will be snappy as hell...dont waste you bucks on alot of stuff you you will never use...take it from one who builds way over my actual needs...I do admit im addicted but there is no rehab facility for me to go to...so im a junkie for life i guess...there are alot of us out there..we realize it but there is nothin we can do except keep spending money and building machines that would power a fortune 500 company so we can do our email and word processing and play a 3d game sometimes...lol