1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How much would you pay for a keyboard???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FreedomEclipse, Apr 12, 2009.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Hey folks. I have been recently reviewing my 'setup' - Everythings pretty much new & the last item on the list that I havent changed in at least 3 years is my old Logitech

This is my current keyboard:

[​IMG]

but I am considering Getting a Razor Lycossa Mirror Gaming keyboard which is more or less in my budget...now I never knew a keyboard could cost so much until I saw the price on their Tarantula keyboards

All this because I recently (yes just recently) added a blue Cathode tube to my Antec 902 & now I want a keyboard which glows in the dark to go with it so i can sit here, play in the dark & enjoy my master peice.

Would you pay almost $100 for a gaming keyboard or is $80 more then enough???

I will be uploading pics up of my set up soon.

Ive tidied up all the cabling & everything, its still a little messy inside but its the best i can currently do for now.

2. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    i will answer your question if you give me that keyboard for free (i pay shipping) xD

no, i wont pay 80 dollars for a keyboard when i could spend them on something that really enhance performance

3. selway89

selway89

Thanks Received:
    I spent a fair bit on a new keyboard to replace my clickity Logitech UltraX keyboard.
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/4740&cl=US,EN
    Got the Logitech Illuminated keyboard and its wounderfull to type on and keys glow white. 3 Brightness settings and an off mode. Have to say im very happy with it and will use it for another 3 years or so.

MKmods and phanbuey say thanks.
  4. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    I like thin keyboards too, because the surface area of the keys is greater... luckily Roswill makes one that is on $14 and works great for gaming (i.e. i can press shift, control, space and the wasd keys without ti beeping at me like my old one.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201033

EDIT: to answer your question, no i would not spend $80 on a keyboard... but I have spend way more than $80 on useless things in the past (like drinks in a club or parking tickets...) so I can't really say that $80 on a keyboard is really a waste

5. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    HAHA thats pretty good!!! its pretty much a straight forward keyboard with all the media/hot keys & other luxury functions cut off it.

phanbuey says thanks.
  6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    How about a Logitech G19 for $200 LOL

[​IMG] this baby stole my heart!!!

7. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
  8. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    No way would i pay over $50 for a keyboard. My Saitek Eclipse works JUST fine.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I miss my Eclipse. It was a great keyboard and worth every penny. If you can find a Lycosa for a deal I would recommend that. :)

10. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Would never pay $80 or $100 just for a keyboard.

11. Th0rn0

Th0rn0 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought a saitek eclipse V1 when it first came out almost 4 years ago and I bought that for 40 pound. Its just died on me after 4 year of constant lanning and usage so I bought a 20 pound Logitech wave. There isnt really a limit. Generally with keyboard the more you pay the better quality you get. Although personally I wouldn't go over 50 pound (about 90 dollar) for a keyboard.

12. Lazer_Dark_Assassin

Lazer_Dark_Assassin New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Lycosa is probably worth buying after all isnt it cheaper than the tyrantula [including the battle light]?

The lycosa will most probably cost around $80-$100

13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I can find the Eclipse II but its currently out of stock. the Razer Lycosa Mirror = plenty in stock & here in the uk for the Mirror Gaming edition its roughly £66GBP which seems to be the going rate. I dunno.

I need a webcam, 4gigs of DDR2 677 for my cousins lappy also so maybe i can get him to sweaten the deal. who knows

14. kiriakost

kiriakost New Member

Thanks Received:
    cherry keyboards are the best that i know ...

The MS Internet pro , and digital media pro , are my current ones.

15. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    i have a lovely standard dell keyboard. lol and nope i could see 20-40bucks for a keyboard. 50 max for me. but i like my generic dell one perfectly. in face i'm so used to it when i go to my friends who has a logitech one that cost like 50 bucks compared to my 10 buck keyboard. i prefer mine just cause i'm used to it. Someone once said there is no good mouse its just how good you get with a mouse. i feel same bout keyboard. no matter what you get you'll adjust to it and it'll be perfect

16. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I spent a good amount of money on a Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition to go alongside my deathadder. It is now on the way back to the online store for a refund. They sent me a keyboard with a broken scroll lock key. I opened the box, and the key fell out.

IMO, Razer needs to stick to mice. I got the Logitech Illuminated keyboard. I'm coming off a Logitech G15, and I like the Illuminated keyboard a LOT more.

17. Th0rn0

Th0rn0 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm. Razer seem to send out alot of broken shit lately. I got my Razer 3G and the LED stopped working within a day. RMA'd it. One of my friends had his Razer for less then a month before it stopped working all together. And the keyboards in my opinion are... Meh...

18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    well, at least were getting on the bad reviews here now lol. so many people are on Razors website singing their keyboards praises.

19. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I love my Razor stuff!

20. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Another thing to keep in mind is that Razer tried to address the coating of the keyboard's keys by releasing the Lycosa (rubberized keys) and Lycosa Mirror Edition (mirror-finished plastic).

The Logitech Illuminated Keyboard has a PERFECT key surface IMO. It has the "no slip grip" surface of the Logitech G9's Wide Load Grip on the built in wrist rest, and the keys are like a hybrid between that and regular keyboard keys. Also, what you can't really see from the pictures is that the keyboard has a thin strip of plexiglass spanning all sides of the keyboard but the front, much like Samsung's Touch of Color series televisions. It also has a lot more key travel than regular laptop keyboards. As far as comfort, it tromps the Logitech G15, Ultra X, and the Razer Lycosa IMO.

I picked my Illuminated Keyboard from Dell with a 30% off accessories coupon code, which they have been releasing once a weekish normally, so the total shipped was under $50, and was worth every penny.

21. Lazer_Dark_Assassin

Lazer_Dark_Assassin New Member

Thanks Received:
    I remeber buying a copperhead when i tried it out the right click button was broken:shadedshu:shadedshu

WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!:cry:

22. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like my last couple $1 keyboards from geeks.com. Thin, with good key response. I think they raised the price to $1.50 now, though. :mad:

If someone wants a gaming keyboard with the tons of extra multi-function buttons and all that, great, I have an N52 for that (which I don't use), but otherwise, eh.

23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Well Mirrior finish or no mirrior finish? that is the question!!! though its only a extra 5GBP or somthing for the mirror finish & i think it looks sleek & sexy

24. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    That's partly true... until you get a good mouse that is. Its like saying "its not the bat, its how good a baseball player is with a bat" - well yes, but there is a reason as to why there is a market for high performance bats (and also why they don't let pros use aluminum bats).

The better you get with a tool, any tool (lol), the bigger the difference between a high-end and a low end one.

25. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    The Mirror Finish has INSANE fingerprints. Well, they both do. The keyboard is mirror finished, and the Lycosa (normal) has rubber keys, while the Mirror Edition has the mirror finish on the keyboard and the keys.

I beg you to consider the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, though. Read a review or two at least. Dismissing the broken key problem and the fingerprints, I'm still really happy I'm not using that keyboard.

FreedomEclipse says thanks.