1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to display clock in AM & PM format?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Laurijan, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Laurijan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi!

I want to display my 2 additional clocks for east-cost and west-cost time in Win7 in AM and PM time format but everything I tried in the "Region and Language" window doesnt help.

I could live with my local clock being AM PM too.

I installed Win7 with Location Finland and finnish keyboard etc so I tried to change location to US but didnt help.

Is it even possible to tune the clocks to be displayed the way I want?

I do not really need the change but it would help a little in chats to the US and to make AM PM thinking easier for an european.

Lauri
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Click on Change Date and Time Settings...
    Click on Change Date and Time...
    Click on Change Calender Settings
    Click on the Time tab
    Set the Short time to h:mm tt
    Set the Long time to h:mm:ss tt

The last two settings are case sensitive. If you use an upper case H, then you get the 24H clock style, a lower case h gets the 12H format.

Alternately you should be able to set the same settings directly in the Format tab of Language and Region settings.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
    Laurijan says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. Laurijan New Member

Thanks Received:
    THX the help! I even found an easy way out and a funny bug in Win7 thru your post.

The small h was entirely missing so I changed the Format setting in Region and Language to English (United States) to see if it helps.
    It did change the whole tab to US format itself when I pressed Apply so the system clock too :)

The bug I found is that Win7 tries to tell me that the First day of the week is Sunday in the US!?
    Ok I know that you over there dont start working on Sunday, so I wonder which religion M$ is claiming most US ppl have - just LOLed a little at M$ again.