1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to do multiple instances of hyperlobby?

Discussion in 'Games' started by johnspack, Sep 4, 2009.

1. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    I need to run multiple IL2 servers on my server. I can't seem to start another instance of hl, how do I do this? Sorry, I've got so much stuff going on, don't have time to research this too....
  2. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've never heard of that game so I can't be of a help with an in-game option/command.
    What I can recommend you to do is, if you are running Windows is to run each server as a service instead of an application (it will probably work, never tried it with this purpose however). The only tools I know that can do this are either Srvinstw.exe that shipped o with Windows 2000 only and FireDaemon but the last one isn't free (although it has a 30-day trial period).
    Sorry if I cannot be of more assistance.

EDIT: Here is an way to create custom services on any version of windows (> win95) http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16714 one service for each server.
    If I had time I would create a simple GUI for it but...
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    johnspack says thanks.
  3. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, but Il2 server can be run multiple times very easy, just use a different port for each server. The problem is hyperlobby, I need 2 hyperlobby apps going at the same time. Doesn't seem to allow that. Maybe I'll try running hyperlobby as a service..?
  4. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I understood what HyperLobby is it's just a chat interface with game launching capabilities right?
    So maybe copying the hyperlobby folder to a different folder (as many as the servers you want) and modifying this line in the hlpro.ini on each folder with a different chat port:
    Code:
    localPort=21000
    to another port, open the port in the router and then try to run both servers (one from each copied folder with different chat ports) each one as a service (after configuring each hyperlobby to run the game in a different port also).
    Sorry if I can't be of more help, I don't own any of the games it supports and this is all I can *digg* out of the internet. Hope it helps.