• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How To: Enable SLI on pre-i7/i5 hardware

System Name The Netbook
Processor Intel Atom n270
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x86
its entirely possible he's testing just to make sure the drivers even work on an SLI capable system.
Its a good idea really, if they dont work on a legit SLI board/cards, they probably wont on other systems.

Mussels you are absolutely correct.

System Name The Netbook
Processor Intel Atom n270
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x86

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Motherboard M3A32-MVP DELUXE WIFI
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Video Card(s) 2X ASUS 4850
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Audio Device(s) MAKES MUSIC AND THINGS PLAY
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239
I got them off of Sol's FTP. Everyone keeps saying it's down, but I have no problems logging in and downloading.
Just in case you didn't notice I'm dual booting using both x64 drivers, but for the time being I'm going to only use the vista ones until you guys get SLi worked out on the XP ones.
Edit: by the way SLi works fine on Vista x64

hey the sli works on vista 64, on intel mobo with two 8800 cards? for if this is the case thats really good advancement...Steve

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239

Castor Troy

I try here with P5B Dlx / 2 8600GT@Vista 64 (with Asus bridge) but not success at this moment.

The pci-e bus turned to 1x after driver instalation.

I can help with some tests on Vista 64 / Windows XP SP3/ P5B DLX / 2x8600GT

:)

Edit: pci-e fixed:

Last edited:
W

wolf2009

Here this guy is running 2 7800 GTX's on ASUS Maximux x38 mobo.

Here's the validation : http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=727981

And this is what another guy had to say on xtreme forums .

I talked with some Asus enginner from Taiwan last week, and they already HAVE fully working hacked drivers fro SLI on intel chipset (only for testing purposes). But this driver is not public and never be ... because NVIDIA Copyright.

So it can be done.

For testers try this :
Before you install the second card, install Nvidia driver, once that is installed apply the patch, then shut down and install the second card with the sli bridge, start up your computer will do the rest from there. You will see when you boot up it installing additional video card, then you are done, enjoy.

BYUSinger84

Ok, I did try that, at least I installed the (hacked) drivers with one card, then I shutdown, and put the new one in. What patch are you referring to?

BYUSinger84

Ok, I did try that, at least I installed the (hacked) drivers with one card, then I shutdown, and put the new one in. What patch are you referring to?

Ok, it says that it only works for 7 series cards. That's great if you have those still, but for those of us that have 8 and 9 series cards, that won't work.

W

wolf2009

Ok, it says that it only works for 7 series cards. That's great if you have those still, but for those of us that have 8 and 9 series cards, that won't work.

they r talking about the ngo sli patch here

maybe these people can develop a patch like this for 8 series .

BYUSinger84

they r talking about the ngo sli patch here

maybe these people can develop a patch like this for 8 series .

Doubt it, nVidia blocked that specific hack. Maybe some parts of it could be cannibalized, but I'm sure we're going to have to work on our own on this one.

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239
I'll be unavailable for the next few hours. Going out.

@BYU - Sorry I can't stick around. It might take a few more tweaks to get it going I think .. but let me know what you find! Thanks again!

@Ozzman - Good to know. Thanks!

hey solaris and blue velvet..You guys got something going for today with the drivers..and bluevelvet you still want to come onto my comp to perhaps help the problems with the drivers? Ok well let me know..Steve

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239
ASUS_M3A32-MVP_1001_WiFi.ROM_Slic_Dell

Hey guys Some guy sent me this on another site and said it would enable sli on my mobo this is what the file name is ASUS_M3A32-MVP_1001_WiFi.ROM_Slic_Dell
I dont know if I want to try it or not...K talk soon hope...steve

W

wolf2009

Hey guys Some guy sent me this on another site and said it would enable sli on my mobo this is what the file name is ASUS_M3A32-MVP_1001_WiFi.ROM_Slic_Dell
I dont know if I want to try it or not...K talk soon hope...steve

HAHA , WOW . :eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Most probably that guy is an ASUS employee . Read my post #82 up on this page . Thats a hacked bios for ur mobo . Some guy on other forum said that ASUS employees were running SLI on intel chipsets with hacked drivers . I'm pretty sure thats ur mobo bios, not 100% sure . Ya i know u would not want to take chance with ur mobo bios .

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239
HAHA , WOW . :eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Most probably that guy is an ASUS employee . Read my post #82 up on this page . Thats a hacked bios for ur mobo . Some guy on other forum said that ASUS employees were running SLI on intel chipsets with hacked drivers . I'm pretty sure thats ur mobo bios, not 100% sure . Ya i know u would not want to take chance with ur mobo bios .

wholly shit hey...Damn Im really tempted to try it...how would i install it if i decide to try it?

W

wolf2009

wholly shit hey...Damn Im really tempted to try it...how would i install it if i decide to try it?

u need to use this ASUS Update program , the latest version, on this page .

Select Product as Motherboard , Series as Socket AM2/AM2+ , Motherboard Model u know M3A32-AVP deluxe Wifi , then click on utilities and download the asus update program.

Note : Bios Flashing is dangerous . U may want to contact that member and confirm whether this bios is safe . What site or forum is he on ?

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239

Select Product as Motherboard , Series as Socket AM2/AM2+ , Motherboard Model u know M3A32-AVP deluxe Wifi , then click on utilities and download the asus update program.

Note : Bios Flashing is dangerous . U may want to contact that member and confirm whether this bios is safe . What site or forum is he on ?

ok i think i got the new one
but not from the asus site cuz i couldnt find it on thjere..thanks

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239

hey i took the chance and installed the bios but it still gives no option for sli...even after reinstalling video drivers ...darnnnn

W

wolf2009

hey i took the chance and installed the bios but it still gives no option for sli...even after reinstalling video drivers ...darnnnn

WOW thats brave . :toast:

u may want to contact that person again , or check if u have a new option in bios .

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239

thanks for help ...my comp is running fine but still no sli after bios change..is it perhaps a setting in my bios? and I have been on soooo many sites trying to find sli drivers for this mobo and get info to help this out that I couldnt tell you who or where or which site he was on...hahahah...Um well if you think it might be in the bios perhaps I could let you on my comp with sharemypc if you like? well let me know what you think

W

wolf2009

thanks for help ...my comp is running fine but still no sli after bios change..is it perhaps a setting in my bios? and I have been on soooo many sites trying to find sli drivers for this mobo and get info to help this out that I couldnt tell you who or where or which site he was on...hahahah...Um well if you think it might be in the bios perhaps I could let you on my comp with sharemypc if you like? well let me know what you think
na i cant go into bios with that soft . u have to see the bios for urself . best answer will come from that guy .

sinister_steve

System Name fun box
Processor PHENOM 9850 BE
Cooling ANTEC 900
Memory 4 GIG DDR2+
Storage 160GIG
Case ANTEC 900
Power Supply 650 ANTEC
Software WIN XP
Benchmark Scores 15239
na i cant go into bios with that soft . u have to see the bios for urself . best answer will come from that guy .

ok no prob ill try to find him...thanks...Steve

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 13900ks
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
try the ngo patch now that you have the bios....the bios is just going to make the drivers recognize your board as compatable if it still doesnt it might be because the drivers need to be modded some more (but maybe modded les heavily) id try the NGO patch to see if it enables it..and look in your bios as well for an sli option.

bluevelvetjacket

Sol, isnt the NGO patch only for older drivers anyway I thought?

Sorry I disappeared for a bit. I'm really wanting to buy a XF board to develop these. Hard w/o one LOL.

Problem is I don't want to spend too much and I did want to get an X38 but I'm not sure I want to invest that much with Nehalem coming out soon..