1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to extract my BIOS?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by gameyoda, Mar 18, 2009.

1. gameyoda

gameyoda New Member

Thanks Received:
    The problem is I have a 64-bit windows version, so I can't extract it with the alternative way (in RBE) and winflash/atiflash won't work on my computer.
    So I came to wonder if there is another way to extract my BIOS (so I can edit it in RBE), I tried google, but I couldn't find it, the best link ended up with the RBE download.

I have a ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 4870 1GB video card
  2. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
  3. theorw

theorw New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try GPU Z.In the main tab just right of the BIOS VERSION,under the ATI LOGO u ll find an icon that has a chip and a green arrow.Click it and u ll have a backup of your bios in a blink of an eye...;):laugh:
  4. gameyoda

gameyoda New Member

Thanks Received:
    That worked, thanks for the help :) hope my computer will work now with the new bios.

Can't seem to be able to boot in dos to flash my videocard, anybody know what to do? I just start up from my floppy (dos boot disk), I get a black screen without the white blinking _ and then after about 2-3 minutes I get send back into windows vista. Tried 2 different DOS disks (winodows vista formatting made one and one from the internet).
    I also tried to you the programs from www.bootdisk.com but they dont seem to work as I have a USB floppy drive (B: ) and they only write to A:

Problem fixed, I had to put my HDD out of the boot sequence and I had to put the use of other devices on for it to boot into DOS instead of in windows.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009