1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how to find out which program is using my COM1/2 port?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by sumasage, Feb 20, 2006.

1. sumasage New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an older Palm PDA that sync using serial cable. When i sync it doesnt do anything so i decided to look in the HotSync Manager setup, it report that COM1 port is current not available and will open when it is available. I'm trying to find out which program/service is using that port. any software or ways to find out what is using the COM ports? Thanks.
  2. Dynamic Guest

You can get the USB Adaptor for that Palm i believe which will make your life much easier. First make sure all the settings in the CMOS is set for your Communication ports and please provide more information in detail regarding your system specs and do setup your sig including which CPU/RAM/MOTHERBOARD/VIDEOCARD/HD/CD-RW/DVD-RW you are running. Also include the OS along with PSU and case and such just do a search or look at mine in the System Specs pull down menu to see how i set mine up, good luck!
  3. sumasage New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry about the system confusion, this is for a work computer, it is old so i'm not sure what hardware it is running. It is running windows 2000.