1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to flash my VGA Bios?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Techtu, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    I'll start with saying sorry as I know I could of googled this but I like to ask here instead + have something to ask the mods too.

My card is in my specs and has a switchable bios on the card too so I don't need to worry too much about bricking it, but which bios is which? I heard one of these can not be flashed? I'm a total noob when it comes to flashing VGA bios' so all the help will be greatly appreciated.

Now for the mods... I tried to upload my VGA to the collection last night
    (to help a fellow TPU'r) but wasn't able to, apparently a copy of my bios is already up there but if that's the case then there must be some type error in the database as there is no bios listed there with the same stock clocks of my card:confused:
  2. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    Techtu says thanks.
  3. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

You will be unable to mod your vga bios with RBE as the HD 7xxx Series are not supported; AMD did release an updated bios for the 7xxx Series however this was for the reference design. edit [check with sapphire support]

nb: Use a software application to over clock; Example: Sapphire Trixx

atb (all the best)

Law-II
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Then why do it have dual bios?
  5. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

That may be a question for Sapphire as they implemented this on the PCB, one can only speculate. [it may be that sapphire wish to release an update for the model]

Edit
    "Both of the SAPPHIRE HD 7950 models have a dual BIOS, allowing for further experimentation by the enthusiast. Note: On the OC edition, the second BIOS is pre-programmed to allow a higher maximum overclock and more aggressive fan profile."

Note: this literature dose not appear against either of the FLEX versions of the card [you may need to refer sapphiretech]

Source: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&lid=1&pid=1450&leg=0

atb

Law-II
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012