1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to get low temps of the GTX295

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Animalpak, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Replacing the pads with some good thermalpaste is very useful. I use Noctua NT H1.

Lucky for you watercooling is expensive and requires many changes in the case.

I have an idea my case though very expensive does not have an extra ventilation in the back :ohwell::(

In the red area i make the cut using the Dremel, most of the air leaving side and if i feel with the hand that area is always very hot. I'ts a good idea guys ?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    no offens but it is two GTX 280 slaped togheter,off course they are running hot:eek: BE happy that they arent running any hotter!!!

3. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    The job is done ;).

Now the air flow can follow his way out the case, i increase the efficency of the stock cooler. Thanks to Dremel :rockout:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    I know, yeah nvidia has make a great work cooling these two beast.

5. King Wookie

King Wookie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Animalpak. Have you tried simply adding a 120mm fan below the card drawing air in from under the case? Not going to cost much to try. Even using Noctuas.:rockout:

6. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I tried but was not useful to much just the temperatures of the motherboard had dropped a little bit the graphics card temps has remained the same.

The work that I have just do, lowered the temperature of 4-5 degrees idle and load. :)

7. King Wookie

King Wookie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fair enough. Have you tried it with the mods you have just done? The opening might help improve airflow and drop temps. Then again, the guys that know use a fan on top of the card. That might work better. Nothing stopping you experimenting.

8. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Animalbak how noisey is that card???iv heard it is pretty loud

9. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    A lot, more than the 4870 X2, and all single GPU card's. The fan in the middle of this GTX 295 is big and very powerful, so at the end is noisy as usual.

Never run a game with the fan in idle ( 41% ) the card reach easy 90 degrees wich is danger zone, i run games setting the fan at 60% ( loud ) but keep the temps low and you can play with no problem temps around 74-77 degrees.

The only thing i miss is the quietest of my 8800 Ultra, but this is a hell of performance card the fastest card now, if you want the power... Well the power makes noise, like a Lamborghini.

10. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    does adding alot of general airflow to the open (intake) end of the GTX295 really help much?

at the moment mine is getting fresh air but not in large quantities.... and hot air has a very good exhaust from the case, but i guess it could benefit from more air.

also keen on this back plate, anyone have a suggestion for getting one in Perth Australia?

11. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Yes now the airflow from the card run fast out the case without any obstacle, the temperatures not exceed 80 degrees in load ( i set 65% fan).

I wanted the back plate too, i live in swizterland and is still not available here.