1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to: Kaze Master conversion

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Waterlogged, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Waterlogged

Waterlogged New Member

Thanks Received:
    A while back, I started a topic on XS that was meant to help me find fans for some thermo controlled fan controllers I was intent on getting. Almost simultaneously, I decided I wanted something to display fan RPM's and temps in the same rig as well. The problem is, it uses Ubuntu and, as far as Linux is concerned, I may as well be an amoeba trying to understand the grand unification theory. I looked but couldn't find software to install that would use the MoBo for temps but even if I did find any, I wasn't sure if I would be able to install it without killing Ubuntu (yes, I'm that bad). Also couldn't find any hardware monitoring with software for Linux and if it did have Linux support, it cost more than I was willing to pay. Most of this was all talked about in the thread I started but then, thanks to NaeKuh and Coolmiester, an idea sprouted. The following video is the result of that idea. Enjoy

Kaze Master conversion