1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to make a Windows XP 64bit Live Boot Disc

Discussion in 'General Software' started by NinjaNife, Oct 15, 2009.

1. NinjaNife New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey. First off, if this is in the wrong forum then any Mod please move to the correct place. I am trying to make a windows xp pro 64bit bootable OS on a CD/DVD. I have been able to use Bart PEbuilder to make a 32 bit version, but I need a 64 bit (as far as I know PEbuilder doesn't support 64 bit). If anyone knows how to make one, or can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to TPU :).

Use nLite. Worked for me with out issue's, all so if yo use raid you might want to include those drivers too. And you should be able to merge the SP's in with it as well if needed.
  3. NinjaNife New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your reply. I have used nLite in the past, but have a few questions (I don't know all of its features). As far as I know, it is useful in making "installation" discs, and slipstreaming service packs into them. I am not wanting to make an "installation" disc, but a bootable OS disc (so no hard disk is required; you just put in the CD/DVD and it boots a small/slim version of XP). If nLite can do this, please post some instructions. Thanks.