1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to Overclock Intel MOBO?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by TheNetStrider, Jun 6, 2006.

1. TheNetStrider

TheNetStrider New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey People!!!
    I've done some overclocking in my life, but never have I battled so hard to overclock a PC with an Intel mobo! I have an Intel D945GPM mobo with latest version of the BIOS, but the overclocking capabilities are extremely limited. What "clock generator" can I use in SysTool to have more control?
    Please Help!

[​IMG]

2. FLY3R New Member

Thanks Received:
    Clockgen is an ok program, better than most, but I "HIGHLY" recomend not overclocking with a program in windowns, it alot less unstable, and way more prone to damageing hardware. I would invest in a new mobo if you have the money!

3. TheNetStrider

TheNetStrider New Member

Thanks Received:
    :) That's the whole problem, I was looking at the "Bad Axe" but did not have the money!, Thanx 4 help & opinion!

[​IMG]

4. FLY3R New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah no prob, thats why where hear, If you could give a list of your system specs, then other people as well could suggest motherboards.

5. TheNetStrider

TheNetStrider New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did fill in the "System Specs" list, but can't get it to display under my AVATAR, could you help me with that. I can't seem to find the "tick-box" :)

6. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I went through the same thing :) In your account settings, click on system specs and look at the very top, there is a yes/no drop list for displaying the info publicly. Hope that helps - Sasqui.

7. TheNetStrider

TheNetStrider New Member

Thanks Received:
    :toast: Cheers Mate!, Got-it! Now I hope I can get my system Overclocked very soon...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  8. cHillen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Make sure though that everything has proper cooling!!

9. bencip19 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The ITK?

Hey,

Maybe you want to chck out the thread at XTremeSystems about the ITK. I've downloaded it, but I haven't used it yet--they at least allow you to change your FSB and processor multipliers for the D945GPM board.

See:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96648

Looking to me like a lot of the options shown there are not available for the D945GPM, but hopefully we can get somewhere. If anybody tries this with the D945GPM, please let me know what works!

I'm personally running a D 930.

Thanks!

10. TheNetStrider

TheNetStrider New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for all your support guys! But I've solved the problem by replacing the CRAP integrated so called "Palm Canyon" board with a Gigabyte GA-8I945P-PRO and I'm currently overclocking my Intel P4 D805 2.66GHz, to a RUMBLING 3.8GHz. And it is running at a constant temperature of 41 degrees. This is a 43% overclock, and the machine is running smooth and stable.
    I did some further research and found that ALL (except the "Bad Axe") the Intel mobo's can't be used for overclocking.

Att: bencip19! The D 930 is a SWEEEET CPU, but I would've bought the 940 if I were you, better overclocking capabilities, and outruns the AMD 3800+ by far on ALL benchmarks. :)

11. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    how come the 940 will clock better than the 930,isnt the idea to buy a lower one and clock it past a higher one?,i have a 930 at 4.2 ghz,what does the 940 goto?