1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to remove no longer functional programs/parts of programs from Windows?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by KBD, Jun 2, 2007.

1. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys, I need some help with this, i have installed a prgram called MioNet that came with my WD external HD. I wanted to see what it was and it turmed out to be a trial version, but when i tried to remove it using the programs uninstaller the installation never finished, the progress bar never reached the end so it was just sitting there. I canceled it and tried to uninstall again but it said something about an error and then proceeded to uninstall and stopped at the same place as before. When i go start and the programs it is still listed there, though it is listed empty, yet the files are still in the program directory. I also have a similar situation with the software for my Razer mouse and keyboard, i messed up the instalation and now i have parts of each firmware sitting in my my hard drive. Is there a way to safely remove these programs, can i just erase them or something else needs to be done/
  2. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
  3. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thnx PT, i actually used to have this program a while back, let me give it a shot.
  4. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    sometimes if you reinstall the program again along with all the features it will then let you uninstall it if it now has the missing files that made the uninstall fail and freeze up before.
  5. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    or try to do it in safe mode
  6. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    That it is exactly what i wound up doing. so now i got rid of it for good. Thanks for the input fellowes.