• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to set my Core/Mem Speeds to a new Default

I have been wondering... I flashed my X800 Pro to the XT. Using ATI Tools I have underclocked it back to the Pro Core/Mem speeds. Is there anyway that I can reset the bios default to stay at 475/450 flashed as an XT without using ATI Tools or any other OCing program?

N

nightelf84

Why would you want to underclock it? If your not comfortable with your card running at XT speeds, then flashing might not be a good idea as the change is permanent, unless you have a copy of the original PRO bios.

You will need to use some sort of OCing 'programme' to tune it back down to PRO speeds. Using AtiTool's 2D profile will help you boot into OS with PRO speeds (if you saved your PRO speeds as the 2D profile). Check out the AtiTool Quick Start Guide if you have any problems configuring this.
http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/doc/quickstart.php

Also, what sort of cooling do you have on your card?

I am using ATI tools, its set to boot at my orignal pro speeds with 16 pipelines. I am using stock cooling. Are their Any cooling systems out there that will support a fully fledged XT using air? I just want to know if I can change the core/mem manually so that if I was to uninstall ATI Tools it would still be set at 475/450

Also I do not want to run as a fully fledged XT. I do not know the realibity... does anyone want to chime on on that topic..

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro

Quazi

You might consider flashing it back to a Pro's bios. All 16 pipes should stay open. If not, you might want to try Gigabytes Flash tool. It forces them open to stay open. Then use the regular flashrom or ATI Flash tool to flash it back to a Pro's bios.