1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how to setup crossfire,just got 2 HD4850

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by wolf2009, Jun 21, 2008.

1. wolf2009 Guest

just bought 2 4850 , now how do i set them up in crossfire . in wat order to install the drivers .

PS : i will be selling them for $185 shipped (ya other places may be cheaper , but thats after rebate) a piece after testing and making driver comparisons . anyone want them, let me know .
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have previous drivers uninstalled.

Install both cards and bridges.

Install latest catalyst drivers.

That's it!
  3. wolf2009 Guest

i read somewhere, install first card, install drivers , then install second card and drivers will pick it up on its own , so i'm confused .
  4. CStylen

CStylen New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it doesn't work the normal way how erocker suggested, then start doing the troubleshooting.
  5. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    This is the recommended way of doing it and I have done it this way since ATi/AMD went to the bridge setup.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Gam'ster

Gam'ster New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. Dr. Spankenstein New Member

Thanks Received:
    Before Cat 8.x you might have wanted to install one card at a time. They have since built-in a auto-config for CF.

I was planning on doing a test to see if one method provided any benifit over another.

Like erocker said, plug 'em in and let 'er rip!

Can't wait for the results...
  8. wolf2009 Guest

which results ? benchmark ?
  9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Since Catalyst 8.4, the crossfire installation problems seemed to have been fixed. (for me anyways) What I did for a quick test to see if crossfire was working properly, was to run firefly forest from 3dMark06. If it's not working properly you will notice almost immediately with the benchmark with stuttering and low drops in fps. If things are running smooth, you have a winner! If things go bad, deffinitely have a look at Dr. Spankenstien's "Making Crossfire Work and Optimization" thread here. Here are basic instructions on uninstalling video drivers. Just to make sure.;) :toast: