1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to setup RAID on a Gigabyte P55A-UD3?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by OrbitzXT, Jan 22, 2010.

1. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just finished putting my new computer together that uses the Gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard. I bought 3 HDDs to put in a RAID 0 array and now I'm drawing a blank on to how to actually do it. I looked through the BIOS and and didn't really see any options. Can anyone offer some advice?

2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    While I've never done it on that particular board, you probably have to set the SATA ports to RAID mode first in the BIOS.

Then during POST it will ask you to push some kind of button combination(CTRL+I maybe?) to get into the RAID controller and configure the array.

Edit:

From chapter 5 of the manual:
    It is pretty self explainitory after that, I have to admit Gigabyte labelled that option a little odd in the BIOS.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. DirectorC

DirectorC New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah first set the board to RAID mode (it should be the first option under where your storage options are, it'll say AHCI/EIDE/RAID, then you'll likely have to select which ports should be on the RAID. When you reboot, it'll say press Ctrl+I for Intel RAID Control, then on to the goodness :)

BTW haven't you ever heard of going to the manufacturer's web site and DLing the manual? :p

4. David1137 New Member

Thanks Received:
    NO <Ctrl-I> raid config

I am setting up GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard with Raid 0 , i7 860
    I set "PCH SATA Control Mode to RAID(XHD) I can not get into RAID BIOS setup utility. <Ctrl-I> does not work. Can anyone point me to a solution.