1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to ship a GPU?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Paladone, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Paladone

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

So I recently sold my 7990 on ebay and need to ship it out soon. The only issue is, I cannot find any store within Western Australia that sells anti-static bubble wrap or an antistatic bag and isn't either closed or extremely overpriced (Like $180 for a roll of bubble wrap.).

Is there another safe way to ship it?

2. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    I sold a GTX570 through ebay a few weeks ago and just used the factory packaging inside another box with some scrunched up newspaper and some foam popcorn to fill the gaps (a little over the top imo, but best to be safe). Arrived safely apparently and the new owner is happy. If you don't have the factory packaging try going to a computer hardware store and ask them if they have any bags leftover from hardware boxes. And just use normal bubble wrap around the anti-static bag within a box and you should be sweet.

Paladone says thanks.
  3. LagunaX

LagunaX

Thanks Received:
    2 old motherboard antistatic bags taped together should work.
    Or this Australian eBay seller:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lot-NEW-...LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c788d55ee&_uhb=1

In the past if I don't have the original packaging I've pieced together 2 old motherboard bags and duct tape, then wrapped in a paper (not static) grocery bag for further shielding and padding (not static prone peanuts or plastic air bags) extra newspaper can be used for extra padding too outside the grocery bag.

Paladone says thanks.
  4. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Just fasion a egg create cutting it to conform around the shape. Then put the GPU in a plastic bag like a store bag. Or you can use any packing materal you have like styrofoam. Just try to make it look profesional. It can be done. i sell and ship stuff all the time and have never had a complaint;

With GPUs I try to use a box inside a box so you have some shock resistence. At least two inches space between the boxes with cushions between

You dont need an anti stadic bag. Just send the buyer a note to ground himself before he touches it

Paladone says thanks.