1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to use these push pins?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by hat, Jul 2, 2009.

1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I've worked with these push pins in the past... I've tried compressing them to get them to fit back through the hole but I never got it to work. What's the trick to these things? Pics provided for clarity:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    needle nose pliers... and you have to get one side of the barb through at a time... easier would be to snip them off then just use a screws and nuts (lol) to hold the hs on.
    hat says thanks.
  3. Tau

Tau New Member

Thanks Received:
    squeeze them together from the back with plyers/strong tweezers then work them out of the hole (usually need to push on then from the back side (the pin side) and shove them through the hole.... this is NOT a gentle process.

Then if/when you want to reuse them respread the parts that stick out with a paperclip/exacto knife and push them back through the hole, then hold them all the way in (compress the spring on the top) so some extra sticks through the board and spread the fins again to make sure they dont pull back through.

IMO i hate those little bastards.
    hat says thanks.
  4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    hat says thanks.