• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How well is W10 working for you in games? (Thinking of upgrading)

How well does Windows 10 work with games for you?

• So so, could do better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not all that great, some annoying gotchas

• Really badly, I see significant issues everywhere

• Total voters

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
And like I say in my sig, Freedom is NOT free! I don't like it either! Especially when we used to have such control. No one likes to have something they had taken away. But sometimes that is the price we have to pay to be safe and free.

This is exactly what governments would have you believe, and the message is very apparently working. I call this social engineering. I used to subscribe to this line of thought until I woke up, and even left the military so as not to be a direct servant of the machine.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
If you don't think freedom is not free, then I am sorry. You can drive a car, but not without a license or in any manner you want. You are free to be a bum, but not to steal your food. You are free to speak your opinion but not by stifling others. And note since the US military is an all volunteer force, you were "free" to stop serving. I, quite frankly, am very proud of my service and in no way feel I was a servant to the "machine" but rather to the freedoms we enjoy, and too often take for granted.

I call this social engineering.
It is social engineering that has made the explosion of malware so successful! It relies on humans be too trusting.

Last edited:

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Cooling Noctua
Mouse Mionix Castor
You strengthen my argument. To drive a car for example, requires a license. In essence, this is being granted by a government when it isn't their natural right to do so. They have constituted themselves the control of such things to in order to have the power to grant. This places the power within their hands to control more aspects of our lives since they apply this approach to everything.

The more they control, the more we are dependent upon them. The more dependent we are upon them, the less freedom we have. A cycle which appears to only flow in one direction and thus a necessity, but it doesn't have to be so. In order to harness more surveillance upon us, via IoT, W10, smartphones, etc, etc, they convince us it is necessary through news, educational institutions, any many other mediums. You hear it so much that it must be true, thus social engineering.

The U.S. Constitution protects many forms of property, rights, and privacy. Governments of today only seek to erode that supreme law through their inferior, codified laws and propaganda.

Will I use W10? Yes. I will out of necessity because I am not going to give up gaming. At the same time, I am always going to recognize that it is just another platform that is in violation of my privacy and further tightening the noose. Screw Facebook and the many others; I closed those accounts years ago. I have dumbed down my smartphone and "smart" TV as much as possible.

What information that I have whether large or some trivial metadata used for anonymous metrics is still mine, and I am not cool with governments or companies justifying more and more reasons to gather more and more about my life. I never will be.

No, freedom is not free; a government's basic job is to protect its citizens, but its not within its right to allow the broach of rights to privacy in order to safeguard us. They love that people believe that as it only makes their power-grab easier.

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
This is exactly what governments would have you believe
If you don't think freedom is not free, then I am sorry.

If you don't think this is a gaming section with a thread about games on Windows 10, then I'm sorry, but you're in the wrong thread.

Everybody please keep this on topic. Its a simple thread with a simple purpose. Take your government and your social engineering elsewhere in a thread about it.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Yeah, and sadly I am aware of this. My understanding was that it really kicked off in W2K. As a professional in IT, an avid lover of technology, and a PC gamer in 2015, I am forced to walk a fine line between giving up some privacy or foregoing all of those things. I don't have much choice, especially as a hardcore gamer.

I hear ya. Been in the IT industry for a while myself.

What it comes down to is that as a society we chose to sell our privacy. The cost? Convenience.

We are tracked and measured and identified on so many fronts though...the Windows privacy stuff with 10 should really be a moot point rather than being blown out of proportion as it has been.

I'm not an avid gamer, but I do game and my kids game a ton. We can't avoid it either. It really doesn't matter the platform...nothing is really as private as we think it is or want it to be.

Back to the topic at hand...when I do game it is generally a space sim or RTS. And so far all my games are playable and super stable! I'm enjoying the 10 gaming experience and have no problems recommending 10 for gamers.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Yeah you just have to accept that the feds have had their microscope up Window's arse since W95.

Haven't tried W10 yet, but I see no need to until Dx12 games actually hit the market. And even then, they'd have to show noticeable performance gains to really compel me to switch.

Reactions: Fx

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Cooling Noctua
Mouse Mionix Castor
My apologies qubit. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Sometimes my passion for personal rights gets the better of me since so many topics have some direct/indirect impact on them that my thoughts tend to segue.

It is good to see such positive feedback for Windows 10. It seems to be shaping up as a solid platform for the PC gaming industry.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
My apologies qubit. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Sometimes my passion for personal rights gets the better of me since so many topics have some direct/indirect impact on them that my thoughts tend to segue.

It is good to see such positive feedback for Windows 10. It seems to be shaping up as a solid platform for the PC gaming industry.
No problem, I don't personally have a problem with it, but we must stay on topic more or less to keep our mods happy. If you wanna start another thread about this, then I'll be happy to chip in. :toast:

In fact, the privacy/snooping issues are part of the reason why I didn't jump in right away, among a handful of others such as gaming and the interface. This is all I'll say about this in this thread.

I see that people's experiences with gaming on W10 are overwhelmingly positive. That's great news and thankyou very much for letting me and the rest of the forum know. :)