1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP 002 Blackbird

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by newfielander, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Thats a spot on idle temp, very nice. That cooler must work really well!

newfielander says thanks.
  2. newfielander

Thanks Received:
    I'm running the prime 95 program and what temp is I suppose to be looking at there are many there,the highest I see right now is 77 and that is under the max colume

Attached Files:

• sss.jpg
      sss.jpg
      File size:
      99.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I think that is the normal load max temperature for Haswell so you should be fine. For now, you only need to run that program long enough to find out the temperature. The program is useful if you decide to overclock. Your max vid of 1.134v indicates its probably a great overclocking chip. People use prime 95 to test system stability by stress test. Its also good to heat up the thermal paste to get better heat transmission.

4. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Is your CPU OC'ed any? Mid-70ties at stock speeds with a AIO water cooler is too high for my tastes. My 2600k OC'ed to 4.5ghz and running at 100% full load for hours and days on end doesn't get that hot. You definitely seem like you know what your doing, so maybe consider delidding your 4770k and replacing the shit thermal compound BS that Intel used. The low VID of your chip does point to it having great OC'ing pontential, but those temps will make it unstable.
    [​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't recommend delidding. I've done it with an i5, regretted it. Paste (CLU) kept drying up after a few months.

6. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's why you use CoolLabs liquid ultra for delidding. I had the same problem.
    Wait, when you say (CLU) do you mean Liquid Ultra? I don't see how that could possibly dry up, it's liquid metal...

7. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    CLU = cool labs ultra. You guys are nuts to recommend delidding to this guy, he doesn't overclock.

8. RCoon

Thanks Received:
  9. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    It turned into something resembling bird poop. It also ruined my h100i (I had it on top of the lid and under the lid).

I got maybe 200 mhz out of delidding. I'd never do it again.

10. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    I don't care if the OP plans to OC or not. Mid-70ties at stock speeds is too hot.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like contamination for sure.

12. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Its not too hot. Its still cooler than the stock Intel HSF. It could be cooler, but its not like its gonna explode. He probably could remount it with a better thermal paste application and get better temps without even delidding it.

13. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Here is the only picture I have that shows the alloy it made with the copper on my h100i

[​IMG]

It pitted the metal so it no longer is flat, I am still meaning to get around to lapping the heatsink to smooth it out.

I don't understand why you guys would recommend delidding for a guy that runs a stock chip!

I am certain he would benefit from remounting the heatsink with the dot thermal paste method, but I don't think that a person who runs a stock or even mild overclock needs to delid. These things are spec'd from Intel to operate within his temperature parameter.

14. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Gallium forms a bond, and melts through aluminium. You're supposed to removed it with a cloth briefly dampened with isopropyl alcohol to avoid that kind of damage.

15. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    It wouldn't remove with isopropyl. I don't see how its my user error. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't make it impossible.

16. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you guys think it's possible that his AIO watercooler has dried up? I've wonder about this with my H50, because I bought it 2010 or 2011 and my temps are no where near as low as they were when I bought it. I'm to the point of taking it apart just to see how much coolant is left in it?

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I think its most likely that either he has a bubble in the AIO system or he needs to remount with a small dot of thermal paste. Jumping straight from slightly too hot at full load to YOU MUST DELID is crazy!

Mindweaver says thanks.
  18. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    well for one, I wouldn't reinstall the heatsink without the HFS, so following my advice would not damage the OP's AIO water cooler

and for two, mid-70ties at stock speeds is just too hot IMHO. The CPU has a more than usual thermal issue with it's thermal compound.

Honestly, you are the first person I have heard of having issues with delidding after successfully delidding your CPU.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Well I don't mean to come across as rash or anything and blame you entirely, but this stuff get's used by a lot of enthusiasts and professionals, and is highly recommended by most who use it. Not seen it go so wrong as to cause it to turn into white bird poop looking stuff, that sounds extremely out of the box. CLU isn't the kind of stuff whose CEO threatens to sue TPU or anything.

20. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    I agree I would try another cooler or remount before I would delid.

Vario says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    huh?

22. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1620055

http://jurriaandevos.nl/coollaboratory-liquid-ultra-on-a-macbook-pro/
    http://vidoz.com.ua/video/w_tVbbpfdQZ.html
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  23. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    Let's stay on topic, and not worry about who gets sued for what guys. That's way off topic. ;) I think TPU is safe. :toast:

Vario, newfielander and RCoon say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    No clue but I am gonna stay on topic and stop talking about it in this thread, I think OP needs to remount cooler with a small dot of regular thermal paste. I don't think he should risk delidding just to run a STOCK speed chip! Thats just my opinion. I won't say any more about CLU beyond this post.

Dot method
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    newfielander says thanks.
  25. newfielander

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys I want to install a 1394 firewire card to my mother board, because, to my surprise there is no where I can plug my camcorder into my computer! I have a 1394 card here but it don't fit my mother board, can anyone send me a link to the type of card I need?