1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hp dv9320us

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jaggerwild, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    Hey all
    Need some help I have an HP DV9320 with no display, it powers on the CPU fan spins 4 about three seconds then stops.
    it has Vista with the built in media center, I hit all th F keys durring boot and nothing. tried booting from vista disk nothing. tried external display with the blue video plug then hit the F4, nothing.

any help.........
    Thank You!!!

2. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a dead PSU, CPU or board. Start with the PSU. Take it in to a tech shop and have them test it or get a multimeter.

3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Take it all apart, put it back together again. Make sure all connections are connected.

Reset the CMOS! <--Try this first, it could be that simple.

4. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    Sorry I should have given more info
    the HD light turns on, I get "operating" lights no spin up sound. The media center built in the sound bar gets lights.
    I googled seems very common over heating issues, plus Nvidia GPU issues along with dead motherboards............Oh Joy!

5. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    They use very cheap PSU's. It sounds like a PSU issue to me. Google will alsom show PSU dead. Your asking for advise and now your telling us what the problem is...... Try the PSU 1st. There is no way for us to diagnose the problem unless we have the computer in our hands Jaggerwild. If it doesn't boot, you will have to take it in.

6. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    Pretty sure im gonna have to, may have to oven bake the mainboard. They have a CMOS on laptops? dont they clear CMOS differently?

Keep um coming!

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Remove the battery on the mobo for a few minutes. There might be a jumper on the board... Not sure with it being an HP and all.

Good luck! :toast:

8. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    @DrDEATH
    i got a brand new PSU for it, it does heat up fast. Im gonna remove the battery, disconnect power and hold the power ON button for five minutes see if that helps.

Thanks keep um coming!!!

9. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:

DrDeath, its a friends lappy thats out of warranty. Im trying to let you know what Ive tried.
    OK
    sorry as its hard to communicate from a one inch crack phone display, and I know things get missed in translation.
    So I did the hard reset with the battery removed and googled some more. Same result with a hard reset, but after googling I found it is giving me an error code with the LED lights then it shuts down. Also these have issues with mainboards, PSU, and GPU'S.
    My error code is a one blink, as I cant find any info on the net im gonna call customer support(that should be fun). I will try opening it up and checking all connections as Erocker

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  10. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    Took the battery out. held the power button down for five minutes. Same result lights up no display. it has an SSD so cant hear a spin up....

11. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    Suggested..........

thank you both!! keep the ideas coming, if its as simple as replacing some caps I can do that.How eva after googling its apparent its much deeper.........
    Again Thank you!!