• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Leading notebook sales in Europe

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Having become the major supplier of pre-built PCs in general, Hewlett Packard has now managed to take the crown in European notebook sales. Until recently, Acer held the top spot for Europe, but a 53% increase in year-on-year first quarter sales has allowed HP to leapfrog Acer, selling 1.38 million units compared to Acer's 1.23 million. This means that HP is now the largest supplier of notebooks in Europe, Asia and the US - beating Lenovo in China and Dell in the United States (HP sold 1.74 million notebooks in the US compared to Dell's 1.55 million). This confirms HP's position as the largest supplier of computers, and should certainly give competing companies like Dell and Acer something to think about.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

kakazza

For people who care about local support, HP is one of the best options in my city. Sony, Dell... don't have local support here, so most people go for HP here.

At least those who care or even know what they are buying.

Kasparz

Maybe your local support is good, but online support is worst i ever seen. I had few pavilions at work with some driver problems and some to reinstall, and its PITA to find all drivers if you lost driver disc, because in HP homepage i couldn't find proper drivers at all! Not to mention one laptop had problems with DVD-RW, couldn't get it to work under vista, google'd and tons of people had problems with same dvd-rw device under vista. There were no physical drivers for vista, i ended up editing registry manual to get it working. And whats most funny part, that pavilion came with Vista preinstalled. Same with BenQ, they have serious problems with drivers. I mean really serious. I had few Dells an its absolutely no problems at all finding drivers and dell is more tough than HP pavilion series. I haven't used their Business series laptops, but i will never ever buy any HP pavilion for myself, unless for half of retail price.

freaksavior

To infinity ... and beyond!
System Name ZeroUptime | M.A.S.S / MM1
Processor Xeon 2659 v3 / Xeon 2683 v4 / ARM A14
Motherboard Asus X99-E-10G WS / ASRock x99 usb 3.1 / Apple
Cooling NZXT Kraken / Noctua NH-L12 / Apple
Memory 16Gb DDR4 / 32Gb DDR4 / 16GB HBLM
Video Card(s) Powercooler ATI vega 64 / GT 7300 / ARM
Storage Samsung 970 512 Evo NVMe / A lot. / 256 + 512 External TB3
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 / Headless / Acer X34 Non predator
Case NZXT H630 |Rosewill 8bay 4u server chasiss / MMM1
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corais HX850 | Corsair TX750 / Internal 250w
Mouse g502 proteus core / Headless / g502 proteus core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Cherry Blue / Headless / K65 Cherry Red
Software Windows 10 / ESXI / Big Sur 11.2.2
For people who care about local support, HP is one of the best options in my city. Sony, Dell... don't have local support here, so most people go for HP here.

At least those who care or even know what they are buying.

up in austin, it's only dell! i mean thats it! midway uses dell, the school my sister tought at used dells, a lot of the business use dell comps. so yeah, it's kinda funny how that works!

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
HP has great customer service, support, online support, etc. Very helpful and friendly and when you get on the phone with them, they stay with you until they've exhausted all solutions and have tried everything you and they can think of. Ive nothing but the utmost respect for HP and they build quality products. There is always gonna be one bad apple to ruin it for everybody, but Ive yet to run into such a person. Gateway was the same way. Dell, Ive had bad experiences with them. Ive yet to run into someone I can understand well enough to fix my problems.

Casheti

When I tried HP online support once, I chose United Kingdom, chose my PC model, click go, and I get directed to the USA support.. WTF!

I tried like 5 times and just gave up..

And their sites don't even help at all. I wanted to find support for a certain product and they didn't even have it on their site, despite the fact it's made by them.

Take my HP m7350.uk They ONLY had support for it on the USA part of the site, and when I try to get support for it they say they can't help me because mine is from the UK. BUT IT'S NOT ON THE UK SECTION SO WTF CAN I DO!?!?!

The site navigation is terrible, and they should all go and die.

Dell Ftw!

Kasparz

I hate HP. TERRIBLE customer support.

I like Dell.
QFT!
Seems like 99% of HP buyers are lame people, who don't care a sh1t about what's inside and how it works, they have money and they want new laptop.

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Motherboard macbook prp retina
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta (240mm x 120mm x 80mm)
Memory 16Gb
Video Card(s) Zotac Arctic Storm Nvidia 980ti
Display(s) 1x Acer XB270HU, 1x Catleap, 1x Oculus
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/770087
Im glad a US based company like HP has an edge on the global market (yes I know Microsoft is American to but really there like there own country. :laugh:)
I worked at a camp a few summers ago with a member of the HP board of directors son, so im a little biosed but if I had to choose a prebuilt pc I would probably make it an HP. :ohwell:

I like Dell.

Are you kidding? lol,
Dell is aways terrible for me, I had a dell dj that had a failed hard drive, All they were interested in was trying to sell me a new one, did not give me any really useful help, (it was tollfree tech support) also my parents had a laptop fail and when they sent it in dell claimed that it had a non-dell made battery and we had replaced it with a cheep knockoff. it turned out that circuit city had given us a 'replacement battery' with it for some reason and they covered the cost. But at any rate Dell did NOT handle the situation right.

Last edited:

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista
hate dell and hp
i would ask a shop to mount me a pc if i didn't know how
and for a laptop i would go with a toshiba prob

QFT!
Seems like 99% of HP buyers are lame people, who don't care a sh1t about what's inside and how it works, they have money and they want new laptop.

That is funny, I spent 4 months looking into notebooks before I bought my HP/Compaq NC8430. Although on that note, I would never buy a HP/Compaq, Dell, etc, etc home notebook.
I will only buy a business series notebook/laptop. The support is better, the warranty options rock (3 year next day on site +$100), the systems are designed to last, and there is this odd lack of overwhelming bloatwear (still some but not much: no AOL, Google, antivirus, online stores, etc) ; p
I'm happy.

HP has great customer service, support, online support, etc. Very helpful and friendly and when you get on the phone with them, they stay with you until they've exhausted all solutions and have tried everything you and they can think of. Ive nothing but the utmost respect for HP and they build quality products. There is always gonna be one bad apple to ruin it for everybody, but Ive yet to run into such a person. Gateway was the same way. Dell, Ive had bad experiences with them. Ive yet to run into someone I can understand well enough to fix my problems.

WarEagleAU from what I've heard about what you do for work I think you and I are on a different scale than the end users. I think we both deal with the HP/Compaq business support not the consumer product support. For business equipment their service is great but I've heard a lot of bad about all of the mentioned companies consumer support.

Speaking of support, I've never had a problem with Asus' support, they make laptops. LoL