1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hp pavillion dv4000 battery/charger issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Fox34, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Aight TPU need the help. So my moms laptop started to act up and not charge when the chargers plugged in. Not just the one in came with but all compatible chargers. So now its out of battery life(duh no charge =P) so I cant turn it on...I contacted HP, no help there like well its not under warranty. So I asked, even though its your batteries malfunction, I'm still going to get a new one for full price? no. I asked how long the warranty is, 1 year. After she told me the batteries normally die after 2 years(which its been) so coincidently, the warranty wears off a years before the expected battery life:wtf: So I hung up, and turned to you guys. Help please.

2. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure there is much we can help you with. The laptop runs when it is plugged into the wall but the battery won't hold a charge correct? Your battery is dead and you have to get a new one.

3. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well now it wont even turn on because theres no way to charge it, alright I guess it was as simple as I thought. Thanks though kinda backed up my reason to buy a new battery. Damn HP:nutkick:

4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I bought my laptop back in 2005/06- the battery is still good today. even a standard laptop battry will last quite well if you look after it - by looking after it i mean RUNNING it plugged instead of 'portable' - my laptops been to a lot of places I looked after it well but in the end the screen gave out before the battry went - but 3years of ownership before failure isnt too bad since my laptop has been for pretty rough ride since ive owned it.

::EDIT::

laptop batterys can quite often be VERY pricey - most of the time its not worth the money & your better off getting a new laptop. which is the current dilemma im in with my laptop -

the cost of replacing a screen on a 3year old laptop isnt worth it. - replacing a battery is cheaper but it is still expensive

Fox34 says thanks.
  5. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. Fox34

Fox34 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright, I was lookin for some feed back like this. I guess we will be looking at a new laptop though I haven't checked prices for a battery yet

EDIT: did not see the post above with the battery prices. Thanks cause thats actually not that bad. I looked up this problem on other forums other people said they had to flash the bios to fix the charging problem. I guess there a bad batch of these notebooks with the battery/charging problems. So I get the new battery and hope for the best.