• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP ProBook 4530s orange blinking led, won't recognise the power cord

Hello!

Last week I tried to use my laptop but it didn't start. I thought that maybe the battery was empty so i plugged the power cord, but nothing happened.

then I noticed the led near the power cord blinking orange. After a fast googling i came to this thread ( http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...lem-with-hp-probook-4530s-edited/td-p/1393587 )

using the 8-step guide I managed to boot the laptop just to realize that it won't detect the power cord!

It was really strange, because when I noticed this, my battery was already at 2%!

I shut down the laptop, and tried to open it without the battery, it booted normally, but it still can't detect that the power cord is plugged in!!!!!

On the other thread some mentioned to update the bios, but in my case where it can't detect the power cord, that's impossible, because the procedure requires the laptop to be plugged in.

Another solution that was offered was to replace the power jack connector.

Yesterday I replaced the power jack connector on laptop side, with no luck. :(

Now the laptop works fine with the power cord plugged in, but it won't work only with battery, and that is my biggest problem!! :S

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited: