1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hssrv.dll Crashing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

Discussion in 'General Software' started by OrbitzXT, Jul 27, 2010.

1. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been trying to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Platinum Edition with the latest patch but the game keeps crashing and faulting "Hssrv.dll". I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, which I thought might be the issue. But there seems to be a number of people able to play the game on the OS without problems. I tried different compatibility modes, but it seems to cause the crash even faster. Usually it crashes in 5 minutes or so, but once I was able to play for about an hour before it did.

I googled "Hssrv.dll" and it seems to be related to some Asus Xonar sound card, which I do not have. I do have an Asus P6T motherboard though and wondered if they were related. I also have 2 GTX 285's setup in SLI, and thought maybe it didn't support SLI and disabled one, but that didn't help either.

Any ideas what the issue might be and how to fix it?
  2. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    maybe redownload the .DLL and replace the one you have?
  3. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I checked dll-files.com and they don't have hssrv.dll there o_O Where else could I get it? I've also been playing Aion, Starcraft 2 and League of Legends without any issues. Not sure why I'm getting them here.
  4. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    reinstall the game from scratch

get a new exe........ if the above dosent work you can also try seeing if you can explore the disc and grab the .dll that way if that dosent work revert to an earlier version