1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Huge Log File!!!

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by dmb2000uk, Nov 6, 2005.

1. dmb2000uk New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive had ATI tool on for a long time now probably over 2 months, and had the 'write temps to log file' activated. Now this sempt like a good idea when i first selected it, but it would seem that ATI tool has been logging the temperature every second the computer has been on for over 2 months!

So my log file was like 120MB big!!!! Thats a 120MB notepad file!!!! Considering that each character is 1 byte big, thats a lotta characters. :D

Has anyone else had this option enabled and forgot about it too? I would like to hear about other peoples log file sizes if they have! Maybe there needs to be some sort of warning about using this for extended periods of time? lol. Its a good job im not short on HDD space ;)

Dan

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    i think their is an option that alows u to limit to a certain size:confused:

3. djbbenn

Thanks Received:
    I never have the chance for my log to get that big, beacuse of formating with new hardware and because mine has a limit on it. But thats friggen huge. :roll:

-Dan

4. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It would be hilarious if someone got a log file over a GB:roll: !